Dealing with Family and Friends on CM..... tiny vent.

Anyone else finding the walls closing in on you when you realise that family and friends and close neighbours are on here A LOT?
(three family members, four good friends and two next door neighbours)
I'm finding that I'm not so open to what I say without using anon.
I don't like it. But it's not like I can ask them to stop using the site. I sure don't want to leave the site. I like it here and the friends that I've made here.
It's just I don't feel I can be so open any more.
*sad face*

Please, I'm not the only one feeling this way? Am I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I would feel the same way. I haven't run into anyone I know on here but use anonymous anyhow if I'm referring to work or the inlaws, just because you never know. I've made a post or two about friendship woes. It's nice to have this place to "vent" without feeling like your neighborhood can see. I don't feel bad or closed up using anon at all.
    Anonymous

• You can close your account, make a new profile (without pictures), and invite the friends you want to keep on here. Or just let your old account sit. Ya know?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Luckily, i don't know anyone on here personally! BUT, i have asked certain questions in anon just in case! Gosh, could you imagine if you MIL was on here & saw you talking shit about your DH...LOL, that would suck!

I'm glad i don't have family & friends on here. I feel CM is where i find some space of my own!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think that if you don't want to quit CM you should let your friends on here know ahead of time and make a new profile and also KEEP your old one. Vent with your new one and just talk about everyday b.s with your old one!
    Devious...maybe but it also keeps your sanity and privacy!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'm just an open personality. I don't hide anything.....
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 3:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• How did you find out they were on here?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i know what you mean. I wouldn't feel too comfortable if I knew.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I wish my family and friends were on here, none of them are.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• They found me. I love CM. I blab about it all the time. I should have known they'd join but I didn't think that far ahead.
    I don't see the point in making a new profile. That would just cause everyone to wonder why I quit the site.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I haven't had that problem yet but I don't know if it would bother me if I did. Like the other comment I'm an open person and it wouldn't bother me if others knew I was on here kinda like FB.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010