how do i get over him

I loved my husband very much and did everything i could to prove my love but we are young he just turned 19 and decided he didnt want me and our daughter as a resposibility anymore and two months ago he said he wants a divorce and that he dosent want to see or talk to me. Hes a huge jerk but i think about him all the time and it hurts so bad that he has never called not even to see how his daughters first halloween was. What can i do to help me move on emotionally? what will stop the pain?

akashaismyworld

Asked by akashaismyworld at 2:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm sorry you are hurting. There is nothing worse! Only time will heal the pain. I do promise you that you that as the days go on, you will hurt less and less. And one day you won't feel the pain anymore. Keep busy. Take care of you and take care of your daughter. One day you'll meet someone who is ready to love you both. Look forward to meeting that guy!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:48 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Ohhh, I'm so sorry! *HUGS* Time heals all wounds and wounds all heels.

Because it ended and it doesn't seem like you had a say so in how or why; you don't have closure on this. Time truly does help. Sometimes, you'll wallow in the pain and sometimes, it will seem like it's a lot less painful. Concentrate on what's positive: your daughter. Even if Senor Stupid doesn't want to be a part of her life, make sure she has a strong and positive role model in you!
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 3:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Hes a huge jerk but i think about him all the time and it hurts so bad that he has never called not even to see how his daughters first halloween was. --

Repeat those lines to yourself over and over and over. And look at your daughter and ask how you can so love someone who's so thoughtless.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• wow mama that's horrible, sorry. I would LOVE to tell you something that will get over the pain. But, unfortunately, only time will tell. I agree w/ the poster above me said. Repeat it over and over until it sinks in, then you'll realize how much of an ass he really is and be totally unattracted to him.
    SKARISKARA

Answer by SKARISKARA at 6:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I don't know that there is anything that will stop the pain. You have lost something very dear and valuable, and I think that you need to grieve your loss. I think it might help you to spend some time every day looking at why you chose a man who could so easily walk away from you. Try to be honest with yourself. Ask yourself if there were signs there all along that were warnings, but you thought you would be able to change. Ask yourself if you rushed into marriage because you were lonely. Those and other probing questions may result in some quicker healing. Also, there is always the possibility that he will mature enough to realize his responsibilities and come back to you and his child. I would definitely pray toward that end.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Look at the plus you are still young.An you have lots of opts out there.Not that it hurts less but if he hasnt called or came to see his daughter that tells me alot.If you want his attention move on.They dont want you but they cant stand for some one else to have you.
    fearful5

Answer by fearful5 at 7:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2008