Is it too early?

I have a 3 montho old, and my husband and I both want another child. I'm still breast feeding, and plan on going till about one. It is too early to even start trying to have another baby?

addix2

Asked by addix2 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No its not too early to get pregnant again. But its going to take one hell of a toll on your body in my opinion. You might want to take some time to recupe from this one.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 4:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Not to early but your body might freak out! I wait maybe a lil bit longer...or talk to your doc about it!!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 4:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would say way too early. Your body will have just recovered and with breastfeeding going on your hormones will have to battle it out. It's hard to maintain a pregnancy while you are still producing oxytocin. Not impossible, just harder.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• thats completley up to you and hubby
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I had a cesarean and they say to wait at least a year for your body to recup, but I didn't. You do of course have to wait until you start having menstrual cycles again. I had my first one at 3 months after giving birth to my son. I waited another month after that to start trying. My daughter was conceived at 8 months after my son's birth. Your body will let you know when it's ready. I didn't have any more problems carrying my dd than I did with my ds. They are 17 months apart. My sister and I are 13 months apart! But my mom had us naturally and although I didn't have any of my children naturally, it is easier on the body to heal than cesareans. Long story short, as long as your body is having periods you can get pregnant! Go for it! It might take a few months to get pregnant anyway! Best wishes and baby dust to you!! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• PS: I was also breastfeeding. (Breastfeeding can delay getting your period sometimes, but like I said, I got mine at 3 months) I quit breastfeeding my ds when I found out I was pregnant with my dd.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• talk to your doctor
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 8:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010