Does this make me racist? (Not sure what category to put this under)

Is it racist of me that I won't go into a nail salon if the owner and workers aren't asian? I've been to A LOT of places that didn't have asian workers and the results have always been crappy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I dont think so, because I am with you on it. I believe Asian women do nails, manicures, and pedicures, so much better. From experiance, and if I have my nails done it is only by an asian person, Now it would be different if you, wouldnt lt a person do it because you hate their nationality, but just becasue they do something a little better No I dont think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• no, you just prefer for asians to do it. i dont think it makes you racist though. although you shouldnt judge a book by its cover i dont think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• not really :) I don't want a Mexican cooking my Chinese food or vice versa
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• thats not racisist thats just wanting it done right and going off past experience racisim is hating a certain race and you dont seem to hate anyone
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 2:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• RACISM-Racism is the belief that a particular race is superior or inferior to another.

So yes your assuming in your mind that a woman of color or a latin woman would not be able to properly put your FAKE nails on. FRANKLY IT IS OFFENCIVE TO ME. So if a white lady who is your waitress dumps coffee on you will you say that all white people are not capable of being a waitress?? what is next? asians are good in math so they are the ONLY ones allowed to become math teachers???????

YES IT IS RACISM. YOUR JUST IN DENIAL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If you have to ask, then yes, you probably are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If you think you are, you are. If you think you're not, you're not because no matter what opinions and/or answers we give you, you're still who you are and will/wont believe what you want to/don't want to believe abut you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think maybe you are biased in your way of thinking.... but I don't think you are a racist. My definition of racist is someone who hates someone because of their race/ethnic background.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Not racist to like someone! I'm the same way. My best salon experiences are from the Asian ladies.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• No actually I'm not asking because I already know I'm racist. See if I KNEW something, I wouldn't post a question on here. I'm asking because my husband was teasing me about it when I got home and it made me think. And I'm not assuming that no one else can put on fake nails as well. All of MY experiences have been bad.

ANON 7:30am FYI I didn't deny anything in my question. If you think I did then you need to learn how to read AND spell while you're at it. It's spelled OFFENSIVE.

Anonymous