H.S. Weight vs. Now

I'm 26 years old and have recently lost 53lbs. I'm now in a healthy weight range for my height and am more fit than I have ever been. I have 12 more pounds that I'd like to lose in order to get to my goal. Last night, my husband made that comment that if I lose too much more, I'm going to start to look emaciated. I agree. What is puzzling to me though is that I'm still 20lbs. above my high school weight. Now in h.s., I was thin, but didn't look sickly. I'm still the same height I was back then, yet if I got that small again, I believe that I would look sickly. How is that, especially since I'm the same height?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• you'll probly hate me, but I'm almost the same weight today as I was when I was 18... (ducks the tossed tomatoes)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Having a baby changes your body, though, and your hips get wider, etc, so it's possible you would look too thin if you got down to the same weight. Were you athletic then? Have you been exercising to lose weight? If you weren't athletic then, but you are now, remember that muscle weighs more than fat, per volume, so you could also weight more than you look like you do, if that makes sense.
    Our bodies change with time, it's just a fact of life. Just keep yourself at a healthy weight! Most guys like us to have our curves! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think it's just changing bodies, having kids makes your body stretch in weird ways
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'm not anywhere near my HS weight.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I do think its the way our bodies chance. I've been lower than my high school weight for years now, but not significantly.Only about 8 pounds or so.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• *change, i mean, sorry,lol
    bandgeek521

• Having a baby changes your body. I'm up 20lbs since my HS weight but I look better than I did in HS.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I agree that your body has simply changed. You may not have been done maturing at the end of HS.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011