H.S. Weight vs. Now

I'm 26 years old and have recently lost 53lbs. I'm now in a healthy weight range for my height and am more fit than I have ever been. I have 12 more pounds that I'd like to lose in order to get to my goal. Last night, my husband made that comment that if I lose too much more, I'm going to start to look emaciated. I agree. What is puzzling to me though is that I'm still 20lbs. above my high school weight. Now in h.s., I was thin, but didn't look sickly. I'm still the same height I was back then, yet if I got that small again, I believe that I would look sickly. How is that, especially since I'm the same height?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• after you gave birth your bone structure is probably wider. just a suggestion im not sure. congrats on the weightloss, any tips? :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Do you wear the same size bra as HS? You may be carrying extra weight in your new chest.

I weighed 136 when I got married (40 pounds LESS than HS) and when I got down to 136 again post-babies, I looked skeletal. It was because I had gone up 3 cup sizes.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Body changes over time.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Did you have to work for your figure in high school or did you just have it? I'm finding that those of us that just had it in high school were actually pretty out of shape. The working out you're doing to lose the weight now is tightening things you didn't pay any attention to then.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 4:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i know weird i say the same i think is child to ten to adult body structure and bones change
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• well I am proud of you I need to lose 50 lbs asap but keep it up the good work.
    4daughters4

Answer by 4daughters4 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 13, 2010