im really sick of this crap.

Im so sick of not being able to fall sleep :(.
then once i do fall asleep i wake up throughout the whole night becuase my back itches RIDICULOUSLY bad, my hips hurt from my pelvis widening, my back hurts, and my tail bone has been hurting me when i sleep also.
anyway, what can i help me sleep? i use a heating pad on my hips it doesnt help though, do you have any idea why my tail bone is hurting also?? i have sprained it about 3 or 4 times in the past but it tailbone pain normal during pregnancy???
im 6 1/2 months pregnant..
any thoughts or help or advice? lol as you can tell, im BEAT!!!

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know how you feel!!! *hugs you tight* My doc said that in DESPARATE times of need, that I can take some tylenol pm. It helps the pain I'm in and it also helps me sleep MUCH better. Try taking a warm bath to get you groggy. I do that every night in some lavender water and I'm ready. Right now I'm feeling shitty and don't want to be around my husband. So I didn't take my lavender sleepy bath.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• tylenol pm and heat pad were my saviors! also, i realized our couch is much more comfortable on my back and hips, i position my hip between the cushions and my tummy is able to relax on top of the cushion. wayyy more easy to fall asleep than on a flat mattress - GOOD LUCK!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 3:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• ps, about the tailbone - with everything repostioning down there, scar tissue could be getting irritated. my hips, back and knees are shot because ive been riding horses for about 20 years and that was extremely painful when i was in that phase....the pain has subsided - i would reccommend walking lightly daily to keep your joints and back in good order, so you don't stiffen up! :)
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 3:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Girl! I am right with you :( It sucks and I have no idea how to get comfy so I can sleep. I am trying the heating pad again right now on my hips and I doubt it will work.

I know you don't want to take meds, but don't worry. I am taking benadryl to help me sleep and that does not work either.

No hope :(
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• All I can say is...now is the time to sleep because you won't be able to one your baby is born, esp if you are breastfeeding. Get used to late night tv. I really hated 3rd trimester, no sleep cuz I was tossing and turning.

As for your tailbone hurting, well the baby is on it now, and there's nothing you can really do about it. Baby is just going to get bigger. The only consolation is that you will have the baby before you know it!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i had the same problem with my son- i slept on a heating pad most of my pregnancy- just put one under a sheet and turn it on. It helped me. GL
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 5:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i been going to physical therapy and they told me that my hips are rotating the wrong way this could be happening with you maybe if u get a maternaty belt it could help hold ur hips together and help u rotate the right way... gl i have all the same pains right now...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I literally say forget the bed; and i sleep on the couch. I never sleep on my back at all, i am a side/stomach sleeper, but during pregnancy I can't sleep that way as my back and pelvic bone kills me!!! They tell you to not sleep on your back, but I have to on the couch in order for me to even get any sleep...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 7:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Put a pillow between your legs, use your heating pad on low, drink a hot cup of tea before bed (decaf), and maybe try reading soemthing... it always works for me. I'd also keep a glass of water by your bed.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• yeah im 29wks pregnant so i have all the lovely things from that that make me not sleep. i have a 2yr old who wakes up screaming every 30min, and a 10m who still wakes up for a bottle. i get above 3-4hrs of sleep. each night and i figure when she gets here i will get about 2 so i just have learned to deal with it.
    But you know they say that the reason you cant sleep later in pregnancy is because the baby is preparing you for having to get up to feed and change him/her.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 9:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2008