How do you deal with sassiness from your preschoolers?

Be honest, though. I keep getting these CPS-approved answers, and I want the truth.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 4:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL, CPS approved answers. I use good ol' fashioned soap in the mouth. My 4 year old hates it! All I have to do now is threaten to put soap in her mouth & she manages to turn it around...even if just for an hour or so. ;)
    Good luck!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Make them repeat after you the correct response and make them apologize for their rudeness. I like to simmer it in my brain for awhile and when they want something, I just say "remember how you talked to me earlier?" lol Out smart them!!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• cheeky... no joke.. I actually had a lady office worker threaten to call CPS on me because my son was screaming at the top of his lungs, nothing I was saying would stop him, so I told him I was going to take him to the bathroom and fix his attitude if he didn't fix it himself. The lady was like "I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to threaten violence to your child. If you threaten him again, I will call CPS." I've never wanted to slap someone so much in my life!
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Brandy Know your rights as a parent!!!! Tell that lady to go ahead - call CPS and then she will end up apologizing for wasting their time. Oh yeah, I take mine to the restroom too mama.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We give our kids a few warnings that they aren't going to talk to us like that or that mouthiness will not be tolerated. After sufficient reminders, they get their mouths smacked, or a good spanking. That pretty much nips it right then & there.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I put my child in time out, but she doesn't often need it. I tell that if I get to 5, she gets a time out, and she stops at 2.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I spanked at that age...a trip to the bathroom if we were out or a spanking at home. Worked wonders. After they stopped crying and got a hug and cuddle they weren't sassing anymore.

And screw CPS...they can come if they want they will find nothing because I don't abuse my kids.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Soap is the best cure for a sassy mouth.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• good ? b/c there is lots of sassyness going on around here!
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010