It's entirely too early to put up a Christmas tree, huh?

I really want to put it up now, lol! As usual, I'm getting excited for Christmas way too early and want to decorate. I'm trying to tell myself that it's a month and a half away and too soon, but I still want to do it! :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• Honestly, forget what is "right" or not. Put it up if you want! :) It's not like it's the middle of summer or something! We are almost halfway into November!
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 5:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think so. If you put it up too early you tired of looking at it before Christmas is over. Atleast thats how it is with me. I wait until the weekend
    after Thanksgiving.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• are you getting a fake tree or real tree? when i get my own house I"m getting a fake tree and leaving it up year round and just decorating it for the season/holiday at the time.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yeah, I at least wait till the bird is gone. Thats us. Kinda puts Thanksgiving Day down when the next holiday's decorations are already up.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I see people starting to put their decorations up already. I think they either love Christmas or they are doing it while it's still warm outside and the ground is not frozen.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Ours goes up the day after Thanksgiving and comes down on Jan 7. I have already been getting some extra decorations and am very excited to be able to put them up. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We are decorating the day before Thanksgiving so the house is festive for our company. Also, because my husband works the 5 days afterward (evenings) and it takes over half a day to put everything up...and I don't want to wait another week. I'd decorate now if it weren't weird. We have a LOT of decorations and I love them, so I enjoy them. We won't decorate outside until the end of November though.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Since I am not hosting Thanksgiving and AM hosting Christmas this yr, my Christmas decorations are
    already up except for my trees... I have a few more things that need to go up outside and my trees inside...
    I am holding off on my trees for several reasons (other wise they would be up right now)
    1. We are looking at buying a new pre-lit tree next week...
    2. I need to purchase 700-1600 (at 100 ct ea) new lights bc had to throw out most of mine from the
    previous yrs that no longer could be repaired and am still deciding wither only 2 trees are going up or
    all 3 (after the new one comes) will go up...
    3. I have 4 kitties and they LOVE to sleep inside my trees so I am trying to wait or come up with more
    ideas to keep them out of them...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• shhhh....we have ours up!!!!!!!!!!
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I usually put it up the first weekend in December and take it down sometime in January. I don't like to put it up too early but I love to leave it up as long as possible!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2010