Do you find it rude that the person you are holding the door open for does'nt say Thanks or Thank you?

That happened to me today and get sick of it so i said out loud as she went in and i walked away....."Your welcome" It has happened in the past and just get sick of it.

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 4:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, it is irritating. But I still do it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• sometimes I feel like I wasted my time, but yeah I'll keep doing it. I always say thanks.

Usually its some guy holding the door for me.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Why yes..That would be one of my pet peeves. They act like I am somehow entitled to open the door for them.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yep! Very rude, but what's even more irritating to me is for someone to go in the door ahead of you & just let it shut on you before you can grab it.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes, I grab them by the arm drag them back to the door and smack them in the face with it. lesson learned. Just say Thank You.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes, I want to smack them and say, "You're welcome, asshole!"
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You know what I love...when you hold the door for one person and then everyone behind that person just strolls right in too, like you're the bellhop....that annoys me to no end. I'm trying to be polite...I'm not working.....................oh and all while not a soul says Thank you.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Hell, yeah! It's very rude. Every time that happens, I say very loudly "YOU'RE WELCOME!" I just can't stand that bullspit.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Isn't it done as a courtesy in the first place? Why expect recognition?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Know what I say? If they dont??

"Oh... you're welcome!" SOMETIMES they say thank you....not all the time.

I ALWAYS hold the door for the elderly.........I will wait til they get to the door...tell them not to rush.....they aren't holding me up any..even if its raining... I wait.

It irks me when people let the door shut and you are about to grab it....AND they see you.......I say real loud when I walk in..."THANKS for NOT holding the door there for me......BUDDY....or MA'AM!" Darn right I say it. And I say..it's OK.. karma will find ya!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010