My 15 year old daughter is out of control..HELP

daughter has been acting out. we were getting ready to leave for a family party. Our daughter asked if she could say hello to her boyfriend he was at the cornor of our street. We called to let her know we were ready to leave she says she is on her way home. 10 inutes later no daughter, husband calls again asks our daughter where she was. Her boyfriend spang his ancle she wanted to go to the hospital with him. her father told her no get home, then she tells her dad she is in the car with his mom on their way to the hospital. So my husabnd askes where is she, what srteet she would not tell him. then she

stopped answering our calls. We went to the party with our her. she came home 7:00 this evening slept over her girlfriends house. I talked to the girls mom and she was there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• i would of gone to party just as you did cause sometimes you just can't force children to go and you made a commitment. i would of texted her that she is in big trouble for doing what she did and that she will no longer have a boyfriend if she can't keep her priorities straight which is her family first then her boyfriend. if she can't act responsible then she can't have a boyfriend or a cell phone. plus be grounded for the disrespect. how long is really up to you. my youngest son is the hardest and seem to always get in trouble but when he pulled the same thing here he lost his girl friend etc. he is not happy but he chose to ignore my calls and rules.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• First she would no longer have a cell phone. If I am paying for my childs phone she or he better damn well answer it when I call.
    When kids are this age they can be so hardheaded and rebellious. You need to come up with a punishment for her and make sure you stick to it. If you do nothing or let her off too easy, then she knows she can get away with this behavior again. Also, you should have full names, numbers and addresses of her friends and boyfriend. I would be in contact with the boyfriends mother also. My stepson did something like this in the past and we actually went to the police in the morning because we could not find him. It was embarassing that we didn't know the names of his friends that he hangs with all the time or where they lived. - I am thankful that my girls haven't done anything like this so far.
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 5:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• first of all her little butt would have been at that party i would have drove tho the hospital and put her in the car myself second of all ther would be no cell no boyfriend and no spending the night at anyones house but her own for quite awhile
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would have been speaking to the boys mother right then!! Then I would have NOT went to NO party. I would have went to get my daughter, she would have been home, with NO phone, NO computer, NO tv, NO anything.. By her getting to go to the hospital and then to a friends house meant to her she just got HER way.. You can expect this again.. I don't want to sound rude, but that is what will happen.. NO DISIPILINE, she got away with what she did and she will do it again.. At this age respect comes into play.. She has NONE..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 8:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• IM a hot head I would take the phone.She wouldnt be going any where.I would of went to the hospital to get her.Honestly she pro was not at any hospital.Nor was the mother in the car.She was only at the corner.When did the mom get there?15 I talked to a 15yr old in 24/7 the other day in labor waiting to go to the hopital to deliver her 17yr old boy friends baby.Watch out she could be next.
    fearful5

Answer by fearful5 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You should have dealt with this as it happened instead of choosing your fun (the party) over your daughters safety! Why didn't you or dh go to the corner and get her before she said she was on her way to the hospital. And I would have gone to the hospital and gotten her, and also talked to the bf's mother while I was there! I dont agree with those who say if you did not be strict in the past it's too late, it's not too late, just harder, but you gotta be the parents and step up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If it were my daughter, I would have went to the hospital and got her, then I would have taken her cell phone away from her for 1 week, and grounded her for 1 week for defying me. YOU are the parent and you need to act like it.
    BigSkyHarmony

Answer by BigSkyHarmony at 2:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Take the phone and ground that girl. You gave her wayyyy to much leeway with letting her do what she wants AFTER you told her to come home. Add to that - she stayed out until 7 p.m. the NEXT NIGHT? And you didn't know where she was? Take it from somebody that was pregnant at 17 - reign that girl in NOW.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Take away the phone and every privilege that she has. Take anything else that she has that you and her dad have bought for her. I would go so far as to take away her bed and let her sleep on the floor. Take the clothes you have bought for her except for two outfits, one to wash and one to wear. She needs to understand that the person who has the responsibility also has the power. Excercise your power. If she leaves your home without your permission, call the police. She is a juvenile and you are responsible for her. You are going to have to get tough and stay that way for a while. You give her food, some clothing, and shelter. That's it until she gets straight.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree that your presence - going to the corner, or going to the hospital - communicates much more than talking does. For example, my son was 5 & I arrived to pick him up at a friend's. He was playing up a tree and wouldn't come down. Well, I instantly climbed the tree after him and brought him down. No anger, just matter-of-fact. (Well, a little anger!). When he was 17, he called from a friend's for permission to see a movie. It was R-rated and I hadn't seen it so I said no. 20 minutes later I called the friend's mom about something else and she said they were at the movie. I drove to the theater, stood in the back until I located him among the audience, and I very quietly ... (cont'd)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008