home remedies?

do any of you ladies have any home remedies you can share? i have a bad cold and i can't take full strength cold medications because i'm on medication for something else on a daily basis. i'm willing to try almost anything. i'm tired of sneezing and blowing my nose. oh my poor nose is so red and sore, and that's after using puffs plus tissues. if you know how to sooth a sore nose also, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

ta2danya

Asked by ta2danya at 4:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Health

• I'm sorry to hear about your cold. Antioxidants are powerfully good for your immune system, specifically vitamin C and bioflavonoid protection of high-quality grape-seed extract.

Feel free to send me a message if you are interested in knowing what I recommend and why I recommend it!

All my best.
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 5:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Run a humidifier, use vapor rub, put some rosemary (yes the spice) in a pot on the stove, boil, turn off burner, place a towel over your head and breathe in steam. I rarely recommend using non-natural lip balms, but if you have some chapstick (or maybe you have some natural lip balms) use those on your nose to buffer the constant blowing. Reapply as needed. Vitamin C and Zinc may lessen some of your symptoms but if your cold is in full swing, you probably will need to just alleviate symptoms. Feel better soon.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 8:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• The only thing our family of sinus and allergy suffereers found that soothes a raw, red, sore nose...CARMEX. Buy the little jar and use your finger to apply it to the sore, red parts. It soothes and heals the area.
    Last year my dermatologist saw me apply some to my grandsons area between lip and nose and he said.. "I thought my wife was full of it when she told me about using carmex that way...but it really does work doesn't it?"
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Make you a hot toddy, hot water, honey, lemon juice, and whiskey! Drink before bed bundle up, put on lots of blankets and sweat it out. You can also try apple cider vinigar in your vaporizor and put menthatum on your feet and put socks on! Sounds weird but has worked for my family for generations!
    Teraesa

Answer by Teraesa at 9:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2008