Have you been tested for the HPV virus?

Please do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Health

• Hubby and I are monogamous and we were both virgins. No chance of HPV infection here :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes, it's a standard test during pregnancy with my Drs... I've been tested 3 times in the last 4 years...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have recently and they were negative. I did have HPV when I was in my early 20s and it's either dormant or my body has shed it. I have not had an abnormal pap since 1995.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes. . . Annually
    UVWray

Answer by UVWray at 5:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have been tested with each pregnancy. I think it is a pretty standard test for pregnancy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i have it.. embarrassing but i do... when i was prego with my daughter i was at a stage 3 which is borderline cancer, but once i had her and went to my 6 weeks appt i was at at stage 1.. i was scared but obgyn told me not to freak.. have had 2 tests since and no abnormal paps...
    jtaylor87

Answer by jtaylor87 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have and I have it. I had precancerous cells removed a few years back.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I've had Cervical Cancer (treated and C-free for 11 years), however I did not test positive for HPV....I still test negative for HPV every year. *shrug*.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i had it before i got pregnant but after the baby it was just gone, doc said my body shed it! and just so everyone knows u dont have to have sex to get HPV, u can get it from a toilet seat and such things!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Caroline, BS. You cannot contract HPV from a toilet seat, or get pregnant from the water in a swimming pool, or get cancer from a doornob.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010