What do you think? (sorry ranted a bit lol)

I took my 8 month old dd to the doctor yesterday. Her ped is out of town so i took her to the other doc here in town, She obviously had pink eye and a runny green nose and a temp of 102+. I also told her doc that she had been really tugging on her ear....
She ignored the ear DID NOT look at either one, also said I dont know why she'd have a fever and treated the eye and said good bye!
Well today she is even crankier and I called her regular doc and spoke to the nurse and she insisted I get her to a different Doc ASAP...
We went in right away and low and behold an ear infection in BOTH ears...
I'm pissed at the doc we saw yesterday and have already filed a complaint but I dont think i should have to pay for a half ass job(visit) Should I fight it if i get a bill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would call the office and tell them what happened with the other doc and with their doc. Tell them that the doc did not listen to you and if he had your daughter wouldn't have had to go to another doctor and you wouldn't have had to pay another bill so you will not be paying theirs.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would have insisted that the doctor check the ears. My son has autism and couldn't speak until he was 4 years old, but I could always tell when something was wrong with him. One time, we got a new doc, who asked my son what hurt. I told him he couldnt' talk and the doctor said "Well how am I supposed to figure out what is wrong with him". I said "Examine him, you do it for babies and they can't talk either". Sometimes, even with doctors, you need to stand your ground and be a mama bear and stand up for what you know needs to be done.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Why didn't you insist he look at her ears before you left the room?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would fight it through the office not legally. It will cost more legally than its worth. Def dont go to that doctor again...obviously lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would fight it through the office. You have to insist on things like this. Trust me I was just there today. I insisted on swabbing my son's throat for strep.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You can't not pay for something after it's done. Just like if you went to eat somewhere and you didn't like the food but ate it anyway and afterward didn't want to pay for it. It doesn't work like that. You should have got what you wanted before you left. You can't bitch about it now.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2010