ok what is from santa and whats from mommy (and daddy)??

My child is 5 and I usually say EVERYTHING is from santa except maybe a pair of shoes or a shirt, but everything else is from santa.....how do yall do it??? I wasn't thinking when I did that I wish she knew some were from me!!! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• I tell my son who the gift is from. There is no Santa and I don't believe in lying to children about it. Makes them lose confidence in you when they learn the truth.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• so you have said from the get go there is no santa??? how old is he? does he go to school saying there is no such thing as santa?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The top 3 things are or were from Santa and the rest from us when our 9 yr old believed in him...
    (OH and he did NOT lose respect or confidence in us bc we told him there WAS a Santa to us it's NOT lying, It's Holiday Magic for a child)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• everything is from everyone but santa....we don't do santa either. why give credit to a guy for the money and hectic shopping that you work so hard for and do? makes no sense really...you'd think that's selfish and all but w/e. you're also lying to your kids. I once heard a mom talking to her son and she said "mommy would never lie to you" i just smirked and thought "yeah right"
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My kids get one BIG gift from santa. Everything else is from us.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 5:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• DD is only 3 so we don't have much practice at this lol but ones that I know she will love are from us and ones that she will really like are from Santa. I try to divide it somewhat evenly but we get to give the best presents. Also, if she puts something on her letter to Santa, then we sign it from him...unless it is one of her "big" presents she will be super excited to get.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• In years past, one large present was the Santa present. Now they all come from Mom & Dad.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We always got 1 big gift (bike, tv, doll house, xbox) and a stocking from santa everything else was wrapped from mom and dad! I plan to do it that way too with my kids!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 5:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• First of all, I used to believe in Santa and I didn't lose confidence in my parents when I found out the truth.. I don't know anyone who did actually!!

Anyway, all presents are from Santa except for clothing which is from me.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 6:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We haven't done Santa with our son, and don't plan on it. My little sister was told from the beginning he's not real and she had no problems.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010