Is it normal if lately my son has been rubbing his penis up on things? adult content

He will do it to the couch, our backs, his toy box. Its weird. He is two and a half.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My friends son did this for a really long time she took him to the Dr. for it and the Dr. said he does it because one time he rubbed up against something and it was a pleasurable feeling for him so then after that he did it all the time..I hear a lot of little boys do this sorry i dont know how to go about it. what she did is every time she caught him she asked him to please stop and in his case he even dry humped the floor.
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Oh, and you shouldn't yell at him or tell him it's bad or anything like that..just redirect his attention or tell him he needs to do it in private, like in the bathroom or his bedroom.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• redirecting him is best. don't tell him to do it in private, especially at this age.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Wow..you have got to be kidding. They need to know that it isn't a bad thing, but that it is something they don't do in front of anyone. Telling him to do it in private is super important! Sheesh.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my son never did that...but i have heard some kids do it...just never have experienced it. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Me too armywife43... Anonymous I think you might want to distract him when he does this and as he gets older he'll know this is not appropriate well atleast until he is old enough to understand. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It's normal for many boys (not my Son, though), just like grabbing and playing with it is normal. It's part of learning about their parts and typical at that age.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• He found a pleasure spot! try to deviate his interest somewhere else.

Answer by older at 6:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• which is why you REDIRECT them. not punish them. you'd think redirecting was like abusing him, the way your talking. sheesh.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The way I'm talking? That doesn't even make sense, lmao. Learn how to read, I also brought up redirection. I'm not saying anything else to you after this, as I refuse to continue explaining something you're too dense to comprehend. Good lord.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010