does your husband?

Does your husband seem to lack in the raising of your child? my husband seems to leave dicipline, teaching, tucking in, baths... all up to me.. I catch myself telling him "you need to make sure she drinks her drink", and he says "oh yeah... hey drink your drink".. he seems in his own little world all the time!

icn_mom

Asked by icn_mom at 5:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm kinda in the same boat, sometimes he's great then other times I feel like the only parent in the house. And there are some things he rarely if ever does... like bath time.
    AlyshaKarese

Answer by AlyshaKarese at 5:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No, my husband has always been a devoted father.  He has done everything from diaper changing to help with homework to driving lessons.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I feltthe same about mine. It got to be a heavy load. But after a few months he said he was scared to do something wrong. and it looked like i had it all under control. Let your guard down and ask for help. Literally give him more responsibilites. Like im doing dishes why dont you give the baby a bath? Or im busy with laundry why dont you read her a book and get her to bed?
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 5:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think we have a good balance, I do give baths, but he would have a hard time doing it (physically) but he does play with them and take them to the sitter for me, and has no problem w/them if I have to do something. I think he is great.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• All i'll say is yes..I feel for you.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I feel the same way, it seems like my husband doesn't know what to do, other than break the routines my children have. They do whatever they want. I really makes me mad because I am with them most of the time and they have a routine everyday, If I left him by himself, he would just lets them run the show. It is pretty annoying sometimes.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Nope, not at all. I was truly blessed in that department, in fact my DH shares a room with the kids so I can sleep if they need anything. He gives all the baths, washes most of the clothes and even gets them snacks and whatnot when he can. I do the other stuff, cleaning the house, working on reading & writing with them... It's really very much a split thing, although to be honest he does more with the kids than I do, but I do more around the house than he does...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• lol
    we (me, him and our three yr old were at children's museum, i had to go to the bathroom, i said to him "can you watch her" as he was playing with something and not lookingup, he said of course, i said "no, can you watch her like a moms watches a child"

men (most not all ) just do not get it, that is why God made women
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sometimes my husband acts like DisneyDad and it makes me mad. We have rules that to me should be followed all the time... but then he will be in a relaxed mood so he will let the kids get away with things they are not supposed to do. Then when I am around and say "hey don't do XYZ"... I have to hear "well DAD lets us do it!"
    GRRRRR...

For other stuff.. .my husband is great. He cooks, cleans, disciplines if I ask him to when it gets to that point...
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My husband works hard and so he isn't available all of the time, but when he is he is usually pretty good about helping with the boy. He'll change diapers or bathe him or discipline or feed him (etc) if he can see that I need a break. I'm lucky I guess, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2010