so frustrated

I've had a rough 2 days, and now to top it off my baby will not sleep or eat off the left side. I got so frustred, I yelled at him and put him in his crib crying for like 10 mintues. I feel horrible. My spose doesn't understand, and I can't get a babysitter..I really just need a break or something..Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• first take a deep breath and relax. I understand yelling at your child when you are frustrated because there is nothing you can do and nothing he can do. It is good that you put him in the crib and walked away. I used to do this when my children where young and I was frustrated. I remember one day putting my DD in the crib, walking out the back dow and screaming at the top of my lungs.

Second you need to talk with your husband. I know he doesn't understand, you still need to talk with him. Let him know that you need a break and could he watch the baby while you run to the store. That way you can get out of the house even if it is only for 1/2 an hour. If you don't have to go to the store go for coffee by yourself or call a friend.

Lasly, don't be so hard on yourself. It is not easy and we have all been to this breaking point, you just need to know its ok to break for a minute! Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• it won't hurt him to be in the crib crying. If he won't nurse on the left, do you have a pump ~ to make yourself more comfortable. I got mastitis and you really do NOT want to go there. Do you have a stroller? A good break is to take a walk - having other people admire your baby is a good pick me up as well :) Smile, you have a beautiful baby.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 6:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We all need help from time to time. He has to help you. Nobody can do there job 24/7. By you getting some help you will be a better mommy. I understand and we have all been there, this is the hardest job we will ever have to do. Just hang in there. HUGS"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• definitely talk to your husband, after my son was born i had to lay down SERIOUS ground rules for my husband because i just could not do it. dont worry as mothers im sure we've all been there at least once :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010