Is is possible to turn a breech baby?

I am 33 weeks and just had another ultrasound yesterday and my baby is breech. Is it at all possible to turn her?!

They are measuring the baby at 35 weeks and weighing about 5lbs 10 oz. I really really don't want a c section please tell me there is hope :(

Just want to add that at 30 weeks I was having contractions and tested positive for fetal fibronectin. She was measuring 2 weeks ahead then too. They are positive my due date is right because I had my first ultrasound at 4 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is possible that they can turn her but you still have time that for her to turn on her on.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• There are some doctors who will attempt to turn a baby. They are hard to find due to the risk and liability involved. On another note though... There is still a chance your LO to turn on his/her own! There are some babies who won't turn until the very last second.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• She knows the way out is what my dr told me. When I asked the same question. She did turn right at the end.
    Donna2468403

Answer by Donna2468403 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was breeching when I was 31 or 32 wk and my ob told me to walk a lot and drink a lot of water so the baby will turn. drinking more water gives the baby more room to turn
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• sister had this situation
    doctor moved baby she moved back, doctor moved baby, she moved back
    doctor told sister prepare for c section
    nurse told sister a yoga postition (do not know what position?)
    baby moved into correct position, sister has her natural

do not give up hope that baby will correct herself, doctor can try, ask about yoga position
    but be prepared in case baby does not turn
    i had c section (for total different reason) not so bad-especially if planned

good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Baby still has time to turn.
    Spend time on your hands and knees doing pelvic tilts, it sometimes helps. Walk a lot.
    Doctors can try an external version to turn baby.
    Sometimes you can deliver a breech baby.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My nephew was breech. My SIL's doctor induced her, turned him around, and then had her deliver. It was very painful and dangerous, but she wanted vaginal delivery.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My daughter was breech and the doctor turned her during labor. She was a vaginal delivery

Answer by admckenzie at 6:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• 2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Thank you all for your advice. I would walk a lot but I am not supposed to because of the preterm labor :( I will ask about the pelvic tilts and yoga positions to help :) I really do hope she turns herself, even tho you all have said there is time for her to turn , there may not be... But again thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2010