What kind of award system do u have for ur kids?

just wondering what kind of awards system u do with ur kids and does it work with them

motherat27

Asked by motherat27 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Now that my children are older we do nopt have reward systems so to speak. When they were young we did the calendar with stickers. This worked great. Everytime they did their choirs they got a sticker. After "X" amount of stickers they got a special treat. Either we would go out for ice cream or I would make their favorite dinner.

Now that they are older they help around the house because they are part of the family. We give them money to got and they can earn extra money by helping with big projects, although there is no rewards system anymmore.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i will try that thank u
    motherat27

Comment by motherat27 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I make a weekly chart. It has the days of the week and 5 "chores" which dd needs to do daily. Simple things for right now. Pick up toys, put clothes in hamper, set table, clear the table, feed her ferret and get bookbag and jacket ready by the door for the AM. Each time she does one she can fill in that days box with stickers that I have. If she has a successful week of doing all her chores I take her to a local discount store and she may pick out one thing to get.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 13, 2010