Smoking while ttc and pregnant?

Is the stress of quitting smoking while ttc worse than actually smoking?

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Stress isn't good, but smoking is terrible. I smoked forever and the addiction is so bad, it's almost impossible to quit! Smoking causes miscarriages among other things. I had two losses in 2007 and trust me, you don't ever want to experience losing your baby and certainly don't want any responsibility for it, It's really hard, but you can do it!! Btw, quitting smoking also increases fertility! I'll be praying for you!

Answer by carol2m2 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have actually heard this as an excuse a preggo women was using.

I'd like to know how her stree level was with a child with asthma and allergies or WORSE!!!!!

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No, while it can be very stressful to quit, I think it's better for the baby not to. I was a smoker when I got pregnant with my son, and I quit as soon as I found out. It was hard, don't get me wrong, but my baby's health was more important to me than my cravings. Use the patch, you will still get the nicotine, but none of the other bad stuff, and it'll make it a bit easier to quit. Good luck!

Answer by Anouck at 7:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No. That's an excuse to continue putting your child's health at risk. You are going to have to make sacrifices for your child for the rest of your life....might as well start now.

Talk to your doctor about what the best option is.

• try a patch it will relieve the stress and is safer than smoking

Answer by pookipoo at 7:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sorry but that's making excuses. Then when you are pregnant you'll say the doctor told you not to quit because your stress will affect the baby. Which there is no evidence of whatsoever. If you want a baby, do whats best for your child. The first two weeks of quitting is the worst, after that you can do it.

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i was a smoker and soon as i found out i was pregnant i quit cold turkey havnt had one in 4 days not a one!!!!my baby is way more important than a smoke

Answer by loomis6 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would never smoke while I was ttc or pregnant. My childs health is way more important.

Answer by soon2bmmy at 11:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2010