TTC schedule

I know every woman differs.... but what is a good sex schedule to have when ttc?... starting on day 10, every other day till day 20 good? What was your schedule and what worked for you?

isabellem

Asked by isabellem at 7:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I never really had a schedule nor would I.

The reason I say that is because most "schedules" that people are told to follow involve having sex on days 11-20 usually. The problem with that is that I sometimes ovulate on day 22 or day 24.

Instead of a schedule women who are hoping to concieve quickly should chart CM and CP to know EXACTLY when they ovulate.

Why have sex on certain day and then HOPE you hit your ovulation day that month when you can KNOW?

When I'm TTC we be sure to have sex one time a day for all 5 days that I have fertile mucus. We have sex nearly every day anyways (periods and illness are really the only things that keep us from it) so we just be sure not to skip fertile days.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I definitely believe in schedules. I started on day 9 and followed with day 11, 13, 15. Then if you have your ovulation fluids, do it also on that day! Your fluids will be noticeably different than at other times of the month and a slippery feel with egg white texture. It is important to do the "every other day" thing because otherwise you could deplete your husband's sperm and then it doesn't matter if you ovulate. Also, make sure you take Folic Acid BEFORE and DURING trying to conceive. It's good for fertility as well as preventing birth defects. If you are on a fertility drug or even if you're not, an OTC Expectorant (NOT Decongestant!!) is needed. It increases your fluids and helps husband's swimmers swim. Clomid and other fertility drugs can make your fluids toxic to sperm's swimming capabilities. I didn't know this when I was taking Clomid and struggled for 4 cycles before finding out online. My doctor didn't tell me!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• well i had a plan this month we started on day 10th but we started off during it every day i dont know how we start durin it every other day but sunday or monday is my period so im just waitin
    tthomas1992

Answer by tthomas1992 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010