Was i too hard on my fiance?

was it emotional abuse that i didnt like a lot of things he did with his life when i first met him, like smoking ciggerates, smoking pot, not going to college or getting a ged, watching porn all the time, etc. - and i told him alot that i didnt like these things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• umm,no!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• And how exactly did you manage to fall in love with somebody who did so many things you despised? Not saying you were wrong, just wondering why you were attracted to him...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Uh, sounds like honesty to me
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 7:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No, you told him what you expect, this is good!

Answer by older at 7:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It sounds like you do not think too much of yourself to get involved with someone you think so little of.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Uh, no
    It's emotional abuse when someone calls you worthless, that no one else will want you, that you are ugly and fat, that you suck as a person.
    If someone does something you don't like, even when you tell them that, they are called selfish, not an abuser.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I hope HE didn't say it was emotional abuse. Cause if he did, then I'd say THAT was emotional abuse, on his part.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You have to be honest if you plan to marry..If you don't like things you know about now then it will only get worse. Be honest about things that matter such as smoking pot ext. You can not hide the fact that it bothers you or you will lose sight of the person you are..
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 7:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Anouk, I was young when we first met. I was only 20 and I was doing the same things except I was in school. Once we got engaged and had a child, the smoking and drugs and things had to go but he wouldnt.

and Raine, he has said it was emotional abuse and I also see people on here saying emotional abuse is when you put someone down a lot.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• did you marry him or still plan to?
    and if yes...then WHY?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010