What do you think the biggest social problems are that affect the United States?

just curious

TiffanyPlew

Asked by TiffanyPlew at 7:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lack of chocolate hhehhehe no kids needing to get help when their younge and i think less kids should have cellphones
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• racism and elitism. Lack of focus on education -- too much focus on clothes and looks, and being rich.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• reverse racism
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think that too many people have forgotten how to work for what they want, an honest day's pay for an honest day's work! Everyone wants what they want, NOW, and they don't care how they get it. We have a generation of kids coming up who have learned no responsibility, have no respect for themselves or for others. And certainly no respect for authority in any way, shape or form! I think that if we are to survive as a society we need to get back to basics. That means parents raising their kids responsibly, teaching them respect for the teachers, coaches, and adults who we count on to school our kids. Back in the day, kids knew that if they acted out in school they got paddled, and then went home to get paddled again. Save your breath people. In the day, we had kids who came to school with loaded rifles on the gun rack in the truck. Sometimes the guys would gather round a truck to admire and see a new gun.
    Back in the day,
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• For MamaAlice54

clapping

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Back in the day, we NEVER ever had to worry about our kids getting shot as they cowered in their rooms under their desks. Yes, back in the same day that if a kid dropped out of school it was because he had to go to work to support his family. We had standards and morals, and while some girls got pregnant while they were in school, they left to have the babies, and didn't parade around with their pregnant bellies hanging out under their shirt, and above their pants. I could go on, but why? Like I said above, get back to basics!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• lack of social skills. The younger generation has no idea how to hold a conversation. All they do is text.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• racism
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Did mamaalice just say it was ok to drop out of school to support your family, but not ok for a pregnant teenager to go to school? Am I right or did I get that wrong?
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 8:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• aitson--I think it was more of a commentary that back then they were not proud to be a pregnant teenager, like some of these girls are today. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2010