How do I get my son to stop this!!!

He is 6 and his sister is 3. He mothers her in a bad way. He is constantly screaming corrections at her. 'NO! YOU'RE SAYING IT WRONG!' 'WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING WITH PUT THAT BACK!' He is a tougher mom than I am! It is getting on my nerves. It is CONSTANT. all the time over something. Anything from 'Don't touch that toy!' to 'why did you bump your head!' He has mild PDD-NOS does that have anything to do with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am sure the PDD-NOS does have something to do with it. Is he seeing a counselor to help control it? He needs to be reminded that he is a child and should be having fun and not worrying about what his sister is doing. Remind him that YOU are the mom. Ask his counselor what else you can do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My oldest bosses my youngest all day everyday.  I hate it!! I can't wait to hear a solution to this. frustrated

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my 8-year old has tried to be bossy a time or two to his 2-year old sister and i tell him that he's not the parent and just to worry about being a wonderful big brother. the only thing i let him be in charge of is his room and the things in it, so if he doesn't want his sister in there, i'll back him up, but everything else if left to his dad and i...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 7:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my son bosses my daughter around alot drive me crazy. he is 5 and she will be 3 friday. but she can handle her own she already tells him how it is and shes not afraid to hit him. she tells him all the time your not the boss mommy is the boss
    kcook55

Answer by kcook55 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2010