• In the Spotlight:

Are you tired of all the bad grammar and spelling.

I am. Frankly I am one who uses mostly caps. And I fully admit to that being a grammatical error. However there are some women on this site who propose that they are educated women. And yet can not write a sentance that makes sence and is able to be read without being re-read about 10 times to try to glean the meaning from their words.
And half the time I would still not be able to glean that information. I ADMIT to having even used the answers of other people to tell me what the post was about.

And before YOU HATERS SHOW UP .......I am not suggesting I am perfect. But I do know how to write a comment or sentence which is readable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes. I completely agree. It makes me wonder what's going on in the world. I'm shocked that so many people on here can't write a proper sentence. I especially shudder when I see homeschooling moms that can't express themselves in a way that makes an iota of sense. It frightens me a bit that they're teaching their children. (Before everyone attacks me, I am NOT saying this about all homeschooling moms, since most seem quite smart...just those that have clearly failed grammar class.) Half the time I don't even know what folks are asking. It makes me wonder if most of the moms on here dropped out of school in the 4th grade.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Drives me absolutely nuts. The occassional typo is acceptable but the grammar is horrendous; totally takes away from whatever the message is and just sad that some one these people call themselves educated when their grammar says otherwise.
    Anonymous

• i know im not perfect and i def make mistakes...have u ever thought...who r u 2 judge...sometimes i make mistakes...one cause im in a hurry....2....the text space wont let me backspace...3....yesterday my son was crawling all over me while i was trying 2 type...or maybe some people just didnt get the necessary schooling...o well! he who has no sin cast the first stone! i know thats not me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I dont see why there's a spell check in your personal msgs but not on the Q&A section. Its as if CafeMom wants us to look illiterate(sp?) LOL! See! I even cant remember spelling sometimes and it would be nice if I could correct it! lol I type too fast sometimes and submit an answer and later have to delete it so that I can fix my typing. Why cant you at least edit the ? ??
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Wow. I completely agree that it is extremely annoying when people cannot write a sentence properly. It also annoys me when they have a bunch of spelling errors and do not properly use punctuation. Writing in all caps also gets to me. But generally, if I begin reading something that is bothersome to read, I just stop reading it and move on. It is pretty hypocritical to have a rant about grammar with several grammatical errors. Since you admit to typing in all caps, as well, I would say that it is really hypocritical of you. If you are going to go off on a rant about it, at least make sure you do not fall into the category you are ranting about. It is like claiming you can't stand people who dye their hair while you are applying hair dye onto your own hair.

supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 7:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• There is a spell check in the Q&A section. Click on "Use Full Editor," which is next to "Add an Answer" and you'll see "Check Spelling."

I can't stand how people butcher the English language.

StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 7:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm far from perfect my damn self, but I try to type readable and sensible sentences, don't always get it right though! But I try lol
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm not hating, lol but shouldn't you have used spell check yourself?

"Are you tired of all the bad grammar and spelling." You're asking a question with no question mark.

As for "sence " Spelled wrong.

Just wanted to point that out. Have a nice day. :)

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Like I said haters... Never have I claimed to be perfect. Never have I said I didn't make an error or 2. Never have i said that I was above anyone. However I did state that I was upset by the fact that people sometimes can not even understand what the questions are. Or what is being asked is written so badly it takes more time to read than to just hit the next question button. But frankly maybe you all like it that way.

And it is my experiance that they who attack another persons post have the same issues in their own. have a nice day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• What i dont get is why do we have to have a perfect educational background to be on cafemom. Come on now! If it bothers you, it probably doesnt even phase someone who does not spell check. I'm not "hating" i am just giving my thoughts and input on this matter. :) Love all you ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2008