are gift cards impersonal?

do you think gift cards are impersonal? what if you don't know what to get someone but know where they shop? my husband likes getting me gift cards most of the time...he likes giving me a choice on what i want when i want it. what do you think?

ginnylyn

Asked by ginnylyn at 7:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• No way! I love gift cards because it enables me to buy whatever I want! Is there anything worse than opening a gift you absolutely hate?
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I hate gift cards. It is like saying... "I don't know you well enough to know what you want", Or "I don't have time or energy to spend worrying about a gift for you.

If you feel that way, don't buy me a gift and don't expect one in return.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• gifts are great. you wouldn't have to worry about finding a special gift for someone.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think they are the perfect gift. That way I can choose what I want and so can the person I'm buying for. I've also given a general prepaid credit card! That way they can shop any where they like. I know some people think they're impersonal, but if you truly know the person and they'll just return what you've purchased any way! Why not let them get what they want.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I love gift cards. For last 2 years, I have given my grandma, who is 82 years old and doesn't NEED anything and doesn't really have room for "Stuff", a $50 gift card for Christmas. This way, she can get whatever she wants or needs, without getting into her checkbook.
    She has used it to help pay for groceries, and to help pay for prescriptions. She LOVES it!
    jenniphee

Answer by jenniphee at 12:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2010