How do I start scrapbooking?

I've wanted to start scrapbooking for quite some time now - but have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing! Any good web sites or some kind of instructions on what you do - i.e., do you have to put something over your pictures to keep them from turning - do you just put them in a book and decorate around them? What's it all about? Thanks for any info!!

swrockhead

Asked by swrockhead at 7:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• There are scrapbooks that you use. Then big card papers you glue/tape you pictures on to. Get stickers, write things, anything you want. Just be perpared. It takes longer than you think. If you doing it for a child, start from your pregnant pics, then work your way to 1yr. Thats what i did. Go to michaels or a jo ann fabrics. There are books, and stuff to look at.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• ok well I love to scrap book and so much I am seriously concidering opening a business. here are a couple websites and if you want you can add me to your page and I will show you a couple I have done.
    http://www.ehow.com/video_4438449_scrapbook.html
    http://www.stampitup.com/
    I use the second one alot one of the sales ladys live here in my lil ol Town. Good luck and please ask me if you need anything. Best OF luck
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 8:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Go to the library, our libraries have tons of scrapbooking & craft books. You don't have to spend a lot of money on supplies.
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 9:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Do you want to do paper scrap booking or digital, or a little of both. A scrap booking store might have workshops and such. Or if you want to do it all online and then have a bound book you can try http://www.LibraryOfMemories.com They have a wealth of information, tutorials and more.
    MikeandIzzysmom

Answer by MikeandIzzysmom at 12:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Scrap booking can cost alot or a little it all depends on how much you want to spend. I know I could not afford all the tools but you can get creatative and make your own designs, Also I plan to add some pics soon to my page that are scrap pages I have recently made, I have started a group on Scrap booking plese join!
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 8:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• O h my god I just remembered walmart has a huge scrapbooking section start there it's not even expensive
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• -find a scrapbooking grp on Cafemom. (feel free to PM me, look at my pics where i have some layouts, or look at what grps I am in for ideas).
    -as a scrapbooker the internet can connect you to alot of people that will help you learn & grow as a scrapbooker! I know being in CM scraping groups has helped me learn so much!
    -Get a scrapbooking kit. A large one is GREAT It will give you a album, papers that match, stickers & a few other fun things to scrap with. These can cost $20-$50 but well worth it-for a beginner! Buy a nice adhesive (glue)-acid free. Go to your scrapbooking dept. in a store to look for this..And Scissors that cut diffrent shapes.. That will get you started into the new addiction! And yes this IS an addiction! So be prepared!
    -Once you get the hang of a few simple pages, you will be ready to collect more scraping things (brads, ribbons, fiber, embelishments, stamps, cricut!, cuttlebug!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• When you say how do you keep your pics from turning do you mean moving around the page? You use a good scrapbooking glue. it has to be acid free.
    If you meaning turning as in colors- photo will keep their color for a VERY LONG TIME. but when scrapbooking its very important to work with ACID free materials. Because over time object that contain acid can ruin your book & your pictures. *Everything in scrapbooking dept. will be safe for scrapbooking!*
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2008