Brown discharge. adult content

Ok I'm getting annoyed. I bled some on Tuesday (light pink/brown) so I had blood tests done and an early ultrasound. I heard the babies heart beat, everything looked good and was in place and my results came today showing my hCG was doubling up every other day like it's supposed to. My boobs hurt, my back hurt, I have gas, and pressure in my lower stomach along with minor cramping that I've had from day one off and on. I experienced my first bout of morning sickness today. This evening I wipe and see the blood again. It's brown and looks almost like discharge. I'm getting aggravated as to why it's doing that. Am I gonna need to call the doctor again even if my results from yesterday were good? Can I just let it go and not worry about it? I feel like all is fine...but I don't want to do the wrong thing but I feel like there's not much else I can do. I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks (I'm 5 weeks along).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had some brown discharge when I was about 8 weeks pregnant one night. I went to the e.r. bu they were busy so I decided to wait till morning to call my doctor. The next morning I ran an early errand and went home to wait for the office to open. When I went to the bathroom I was full on bleeding. There was no pain. I freaked and went straight to the e.r. They did a vaginal ultra sound and it turned out that my placenta was tearing away from my uterus. I got put on months of bed rest. So I would suggest lying down and taking it easy until you talk to your doctor. I did have more brown discharge a few weeks later and went back to the e.r. but nothing had changed it was in fact old blood just coming down from one of the tears. Good luck and be sure to call your doctor no matter how small your concerns may be.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• ALWAYS notify your doctor if you have a show.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• If it's brown then it most likely is old blood that was back up and now coming down. I would call my doctor but I wouldn't worry unless it's a lot of blood. Some women bleed a little during their whole pregnancy.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well they're closed... Is it ok to wait tomorrow? Or should I dial for the on call emergency nurse?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Unless your bleeding a lot or have a lot of pain wait until tomorrow. You feel that something isn't right go to the Emergency Room. Always trust your gut.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Thanks, Jena! I don't even know if they're open weekends but we'll wait and see. It wasn't but one wipes worth of brown discharge and everything was just fine the last few days even with the bleeding. I'm guessing it's just left over or could even be from the transvaginal ultrasound I had yesterday. I feel like everything is fine, I'm not worried or anything!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2010