Have you ever truly hated someone. If you have how did you get passesd it if you did?

KISS1224

Asked by KISS1224 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I've never hated anyone in my entire life but I can honestly say that I now hate my husband and I don't know how to get past it. Just so you understand how intense this is, my father got killed in a car accident on 04/16/07 and I don't even hate the man that killed him.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes....I didn't like the person I was becoming because this hatred filled me and was eating at me.....It was a process.....first I asked God to do the forgiving for me because I could not do it.....then I prayed for them everyday for a while....then I decided to stop thinkin about them at all....every time thoughts of them came to mind, I would shake my head, say no....and move my thoughts to something else...I prayed for the gift of forgiveness and for the gift of forgetting......it took a long time.....but hatred eased, and then went away.....I still have emotional scars, but I like the person I am becoming again...
    Anonymous

• I don't know how you get over it. I still hate the bastard. I always will. Even when he's dead. Sorry, it's the truth. God can't help me. I don't want it. What I want, I can't have. So I hate.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yep, still hate him. My child is gone, because of him. I left the state so he'll never bother me again. If he does, he'll wish he didn't.
    Anonymous

• I have only ever truly hated one person and that was my stepfather. He was a terrible excuse for a man. He thought only of himself and set out to satisfy his desires and whims regardless of the cost to his wife and daughters. He belittled me/mocked me. He molested me. He beat me black and blue. He called me terrible names and lied and cheated. He was terrible to my mentally ill mother and tore apart my sister's lives too. He died a slow death with lung cancer and we refused to forgive him and he suffered mentally because of it. It is terrible to say but I have no regrets for that. I forgave him after he died (for me) and felt somewhat sorry of who he allowed himself to be but not sorry for his terrible death. I know I must have hated him because if there is a hell, I hope he is there.
    Anonymous

• I'm glad I'm not alone in truly hating someone, and wishing what I do for them. Sad, but true.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yes..i had a friend call cps on me for no reason.. other then the fact i would nt let her control me... she made up false things.. the case is now closed. all things accussed were deemed not correct... this person has said she was sorry.. THE FIRST 4 TIMES SHE ASKED ME TO FORGIVE I COULD NT DO IT . but the anger was eating me up alive... we are not friends anymore... i dont trust her all... but i can make a small amt of conversation with her if i need to. the way i was able to forgive her... was to stop looking at her like a monster and to see that despite her cruel choices she was still human... i had to see the humanity in her.. i have not forgotten.. but i also have moved forward. and am now able to pray for her FORGIVE FOR U SWEETIE!
    Rydersmommy616

Answer by Rydersmommy616 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't hate people. I might hate their behavior. That helps me gets past it

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes I hate a person who gave me years of uncalled for Drama. She is a sick human being. She has no idea what the truth is in any situation. I have not found away to let that go. I also hate my mother's first husband. He is a child molester. He hurt my sister, my aunt, lots of other little girls, and has never been punished. Because he is my siblings' father, he is still around some times. I hate that. I have to keep my guard up and my eye on my children at all times at family events. I cannot relax at family parties. He never hurt me, but I still hate him.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2010