If you are happily married for a long time...

Did you ever have any doubts about marrying your husband? I mean seriously think about calling off the wedding? If so, why did you decide to get married and how did you work through your anxiety?

I have been married 12 years and never had even one doubt about marrying him. We have a great relationship, but everyone expected me to doubt marrying my dh.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 8:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• 38 yrs and counting, and I have never regretted it, some people though we wouldn't make it because were so young, but we proofed them wrong!

Answer by older at 7:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Me and dh were together for 7yrs and decided to get married. When I got to the church I started to panic, I froze up and wouldn't talk. When was it time to walk down the isle I ran to the bathroom. It took at least 10 min for my dad to get me out. Finally when he did I pleaded for him to take me home. Which is funny cause dh and I lived together. So my dad grabed my harm and ran me down the isle. On the wrong side and all. I messed up my vowels and almost threw up. Now its a big joke, but I don't regret it
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 8:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well for me I was married 7 yrs. the first time that didn't work now being married the second time I was doubting bc he had 2 kids but he was so loving with all of us I just went ahead and took a chance and thank you lord all worked out just fine :) No Regrets whats so ever
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• If your marriage is good, no need to worry about it. my marriage is great, i've been married for 14 years.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I didn't have any doubts ahead of time....I don't think that there is any rule of thumb about how you should feel.....those are just romantic notions, I believe...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Nope, I knew I wanted to marry my husband before we were dating. He has been my best friend since the moment we met.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think everyone else doubted us getting married except us because we were only 18, but here we are about to celebrate 11 years next month and I have never doubted our choice in getting married then.
    momof3blondies

Answer by momof3blondies at 9:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I got cold feet on marrying my DH. I was young though. A teen. He explained to me how heartbroken his mother would be! I didn't have a mother. So I loved her like one I wished I had! So we got Married.. Here we are.. We met on Christmas Eve. He was 18 & I was 16. We've been married over 30 years!! I wish everyone their Happily ever After.. And we had a lot of for worse and in sickness.. Especially this year!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I didn't have doubt but others did and we been married 10 yrs and are happy
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 11:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010