Would you consider a home water Birth? adult content

I am 28 years old and 13 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. After two Inductions that were before my due dates for Dr. convience. (my due date were BOTH somehow around her vacations, so she wanted me to go early so she could do the job and collect a paycheck from me.) I have never gone into labor on my own. We moved recently and I HATE my new Dr. I have had cervidel, pitocen, suction, forcepts and episomity's because I was induced too early and they just want the baby out. The thought of going through all that again just makes me cringe. Our new house is equipped with a nice sized "love tub" as my husband calls it, and I am considering hiring a midwife and birthing at home. I feel like I was cheated in the birthing process and this MIGHT be my last chance to go natural. I believe that if I was givin the oportunity to labor naturally I could have avoided ALL of my other procedures.

busywithbabies

Asked by busywithbabies at 8:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, go for it! Hire a midwife and have that beautiful homebirth! midwives are trained professionals that will know when it's time to move you to a hospital BEFORE anything bad happens. They know what is NORMAL and what is not. They will not wait until there is an emergency, if something seems out of place. You will be in good hands with a midwife!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have attended home/water births and they are absolutely incredible. I think one of the best parts of having a midwife/home birth is that there are less anxieties and expectations. It's already known that you will just labor at home, so there is never the "do we go now" aspect of that (and everything that follows), there is never pressure to induce, everything is expected to go at it's own pace. It's much easier to go with the flow when we allow the flow to happen. Seize the moment! If this is something you are thinking about doing, pursue it or you could look back with more regrets.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 8:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• AbsoluteLY!!! That's actually my dream birth. I have a bleeding disorder that requires me to be in a hospital but i would LOVE to. I personally would prefer a midwife be there but some women prefer unassisted.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I couldn't do a home birth..that's just not me. But I would be DAMNED that doctor would have induced me for her damn convenience. I would have dropped her after the first time.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 11:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Hmm... I would consider it, but I would be scared something would go wrong. I know with my first if I wasn't in the hosp we would have lost him... So, I would rather tell the doctors where to shuve it and go to the hosp when i was in full blown labor. You make the rules momma!!! You don't HAVE to do anything! :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I personally would not. I have had three very easy, uncomplicated deliveries, but if something goes wrong I want to be at the hospital where I can have an emergency csection.

I know lots of women love their homebirth, but it is not for me.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Home birth is not for everyone and I wanted one with both my children, but my husband did not feel comfortable with it the first time and we couldn't afford it the second time (insurance covered midwife in hospital, but not at home). If there is a third he has agreed that we can do it at home with no regards to the cost (likely no more for us though). I did however have a wonderful hospital birth with a great midwife the first time around and would recommend a good midwife who comes highly recommended for natural births if you are truly not comfortable with delivering at home. Before you get your heart set on anything though you need to find and interview home birth midwives in your area to see if any will take you with your previous birth history. I would also try to find some hospital birth midwives in the area just in case and interview them too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I dream of homebirths.. but have NO support from family..
    The best thing is to get in contact with a midwife & interview them. Only she can tell you how safe it is for you to homebirth.
    I would just make sure you trust her. feel safe. and listen to yourself..
    You can always change your mind & go to the hospital.. but its very hard to decide the last month you want a homebirth. KWIM?
    Best of luck!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Absolutely. I would LOVE it. Just need to get DH on board. I've had one unnecessary c-section because I was induced, one necessary c-section because of pregnancy complications (well I could have been induced, but I really didn't see that turning out well), and one natural hospital birth after laboring at home and showing up pushing. In my first and third I definitely learned how in a low risk pregnancy, hospitals do more CAUSING problems than solving them. My second was high risk, so it was of course a completely different story.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2010