Why do I feel so stupid...

I'm 26 and just started school. I have a son and really want the best for him. I already have to drop one class because my grade is so low. I feel so stupid. I feel to old to be starting so slowly. I meanI cant find a job I'm failing school. I feel like a failure.

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• well you just have to focus. if you need help go to your tutoring centers at your school. you cant just give up. i am horrible at algebra, and when i took my algebra classes, i had to dedicate alot of time at the tutoring centers.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• hey slow down. It will take some time for you to get back into 'school' routine. And with a child and home to care for makes it even more of a challenge. It may take you some time to figure out when and how to study, how many classes to take a semester, things like that.
    Keep working at it. Don't give up, it may take a lot of hard work but will be worth it in the end. My daughter finds that online classes work best for her. Today there are many options for you. I am sending you a hug :)
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I agree with chris219 and PURPUL butterly ... hang in there and if you ever need a pep talk, just message me.
    You are NOT a failure, you are doing what you can for you and your child ..ask for help when you need it and when you feel overwhelmed, but try to focus and breath! Then give that little man of yours a big hug and remember WHY you are doing what you are doing! YOU CAN DO THIS !
    Good Luck !
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 10:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Community colleges usually have classes in study skills. Take one!!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yo absolutely CAN do this!! Heck I already have a Master's Degree, and work as a teacher, but I am considering at the age of 42, with almost 9 and 7 year old special needs children, going BACK to school to earn an Orientation and Mobility certificate (I currently work with 2 blind students and 3 legally blind students)!

The KEY to getting back into the swing of things is to start with the "easy" or introductory classes, that do not require a ton of studying or papers, and can be taken ONLINE! As your confidence grows, so will your determination!

The program that I hope to enter is primarily completed online, weekends and summers--geared towards full-time working teachers, and my husband and I will work out child care when I have to complete a full-time 10 week residency program at the end! But in the end, the salary will be worth it--and I'll be able to quit being a teacher and go into private practice!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:29 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• * YOU
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree with the others. Be proud of yourself. Give yourself a break and do it one step at a time. Ask for help when you need it. There also might be fellow students in a particular class who would be glad to help you. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2010