Anyone's child have ADHD?

Our daughter has been to a playgroup of 10 kids and now gymnastics. An example of her behavor is this: doesn't wait her turn, cannot get enough of an activity and won't want to get off, throws things, cleans up but then takes them back out, won't wait patiently for her turn etc. I don't know if this is normal toddler behavior or if it could be ADHD. Yes I should call her Dr. and I will, but just wanted an opinion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have her checked! My son had ADHD and as it turns out in his case it was hereditary.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It is way too early to tell. Sounds like normal toddler behavior.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I hope you posted this in the wrong age category. Drs don't even think about labeling a child ADHD until around age 5-6. If she really is two, no she's not ADHD. She's two. If you don't like her behavior try modifiying her behavior and your disipline techniques.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yeah, it is too early. My son was diagnosed in second grade. They said first grade was still kinda early to say for sure.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• what is her age? my oldest has ADHD and those were some of his issues, but they can also be normal development in a toddler...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 8:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my child has had ADHD sence he was 4 yrs old and its is trying at times
    Gourmet-coffee

Answer by Gourmet-coffee at 8:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My child 's dr and I talked about my son possibley being ADHD. I got a lbook vitimans, Iron zinc A verry different eatting habit then he has. Verry picky eatter . I put him on pedisure and vitamins everyday. Have to let him know if there is going to be a change in the day or we have a fit.. IF I do something with him I have to keep doing it or he will have a fit. ((Such as day 1 of school pre-k I tapped his shoes off before he got into the car , now if I don't he throws a fit and it becomes a hard day..)) My son is verry smart I talked to the teachers and he is slowly transitioned from one thing to the nexted and dose great NO MEDS!! We have a problem sometimes when we go places but I rember that he is just needing a little help. I sugest that you try to figure out how to help your child with out meds maybe it is a satge Best of luck.. MY son can say ABC" backwards now..They can have problems and over come them.
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 8:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my son as well has addhd and I do know that others are right when they say to young to know but if it continues into school age your ped. will give you a check list as well as your childs teacher compare the two along with his/her observation and let you know.
    paulslady2004

Answer by paulslady2004 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2010