Why don't people like Palin?

...She is too pretty? She is Conservative? She's from Alaska? She's plain spoken? She's not from the Elite? She's not a Harvard grad? NO!! NO!! NO!! NO!! NO!! NO!! Just because YOU identify with her doesn't make her THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE for the whole! You may identify w/abortion clinic bombers-should they be Pres? The reason is we midwestern, "humble", hard--working/sahm middle class, some college, not great literary folk take our country seriously and don't want a smartass, who literally cannot name a book/paper she reads (while we read much daily in our regard for the country and world). We can't relate to an American woman who'd rather fly around the country w/nannies (even if their paid family) to help w/her FIVE kids. We can't understand quitting a government duty, because your personal aspirations ($$) are greater than service to country (cha-ching!). She is a bobble head/opportunist FIRST!

Peyote

Asked by Peyote at 8:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I love her! I think she is awesome and funny and just a great person in general. I would love to meet her!
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think she is awesome too. I don't agree with her a lot but I have to admire her style.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I like her. I would have much rathered her become president than the one we have now.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Peyote, I agree with you. I certainly wouldn't vote for someone to be President who couldn't even finish her term as governor. And she's such a fake. I sure don't want someone like her to be the first woman president.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I agree Peyote. SHe has fooled a lot of people who only see her surface....she is a quitter and an opportunist and a show-biz type. They propped her up to be McCain's Veep ....don't know why....and now she is just out for all she can get: Attention and fame and money. She doesn't care about the America---she only cares about Sarah. As if I would ever vote for an uniformed,narcissitic Hockey Mom. HA.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Palin is a joke to anyone with brains enough to "get it".
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 8:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Because she is stupid and proves it everytime she opens her mouth! She has no business in politics of any kind!
    Anonymous

• I kinda like her. I don't think she should be anything more politically than she already is. All you have to do is listen to her for a few sentences to know she truly knows little about home-land or foreign policy. She seems to be a great mom.
    If this is really more about supporting Obama then it's another can of worms altogether. Actually if Palin gets a tea party nomination it will be the best thing that can happen for the democrats. When we talk about how smart she is I wonder if she knows this or if there are some really intellegent democrats manipulating the situation. Maybe I'll pose that question myself. Thanks for the idea.
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I hope you feel better now, op.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Then agian, we have Pelosi who thinks that unemployment is the best way to stimulate the economy. If only we could all aspire to be just like her.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010