ARE YOU KIDING ME!?

I recently saw this question in a blog, and they are thinking of taking a vote.

Should publicly supported education programs include the distribution of condoms?

In other words should they put condom machines in school bathrooms?

Let me know what you think.

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They can go to a vending machine in any gas station bathroom and get them if they are that embarressed to buy them. Shouldn't be in schools.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It's interesting. The schools have resources to hand out condoms to their students but they ask parents to supply the school with toilet paper? Something is amiss here. (I know it's not the same school, the point is that our education system is focused on the wrong priorities, IMO)

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• no if high school kids want them they can go to the drug store and buy them its not illegal
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Kids will have sex regardless. But if protection is more readily available, don't you think that would be a good thing? Why would NOT putting them in make parents more responsible, and talk with their kids? It won't. Putting them in won't make parents talk less, either. It's just another level of protection, that's all. Hell, it's not even telling them it's ok, it's just saying 'here's protection IF you are having sex'. It's not a bad idea.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• it wouldn't bother me. i'd just be happy my kid was practicing safe sex..regardless of what you wish for or teach your children, they will do what they want when they are away. you can only hope they remember the guidelines you've laid out, and the correct information about unplanned pregnancies..before they jump on it. personally, i'd rather my boy be protected, not just from being a too-young daddy, but from the nasty girls who may have jumped on one too many UNprotected penises.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think that schools should be a lot more concerned with teaching kids to read, write, at least manage basic math, maybe some critical/ logical thinking, and toss in some history and geography. If the only thing a high school grad can truthfully put on a resume is that they know how to have safe sex ...

It's no wonder an education that is actually useful can only be found in private schools or in homes where the parents do the teaching. I agree with QuinnMae ~ there is something terribly wrong with the priorities in our schools.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No.Parents need to educate their children.
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• What's wrong with having condoms available? Kids are having sex regardless. Why be an ostrich? Why not accept that and be glad they are trying to be responsible. Parents aren't always going to be there to educate their children. Even if they are there, they treat it like that big ole gorilla in the room.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 9:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• IMO it makes the kids think that it is ok
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Nope, I think parents need to be the parent. Toss a box of condoms at your kids, be safe or else. lol. Really that is what i did with my 17 yr. old son.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 9:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010