Does anyone have any good way to help with getting my daughter potty trained?

My daughter is almost 2 and knows when she pees or poops in her diaper but she wont even attempt to go potty. Does anyone have any suggestions?

ponie182

Asked by ponie182 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• all i can say is good luck i'm trying to potty train my son too.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• get her a special potty chair or make a big deal of it when u go (take her with you) / try giving her a treat for going and tell her its time for big girl panties and big girls get special treats. Good Luck!
    paulslady2004

Answer by paulslady2004 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Start to transition her to wearing underwear or even let her choose if she would like to wear a diaper or underwear each day and if she chooses underwear, be prepared for possible messes throughout the day..but don't let it frustrate you because she'll eventually get it.
    momof3blondies

Answer by momof3blondies at 9:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• This is what I did with my children. I took them shopping for underwear and let them pick whatever they wanted. Then we went and bought stickers, again whatever they wanted. When we got home I printed a calendar and we hung that in the bathroom and we put the stickers in the bath room. Everytime they went potty they got to put a sticker on the calendar. After "X" amount of stickers they got a treat, either we would go for ice cream or I would make their favorite dinner.

Make it something that is exciting and fun. Don't push to hard because if she is not ready she isn't going to do it and since there are very few things she can control, this is one of them. So she will control it if she feels to much pressure.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Thanks guys. I never get to go to the bathroom alone. Im thinking part of the problem is that all I have right now is the kids seat that goes on the big potty and she gets bored just sitting there. Im hoping to get one of the other ones that way I could set it in pf the tv or something.
    ponie182

Comment by ponie182 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010