3 yr old dd ask everything from me not my dh

What do you think? My dd ask me for everything -to play, when shes hungry or thirsty, to get something, to read to her, to go to the bathroom etc... My dh spends he same amount of time with her. If I'm in the middle of something and can't do it for her I ask her to ask my dh she will cry throw a tatrum. She is presistant that I do it.

aitson

Asked by aitson at 9:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Please don't put a kid in their room for a tantrum...I know pp suggested that but, alls it does is make the room a place they don't want to be in. How about asking your DH to lighten your load a bit and step in.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would just tell her you can't help her right now but Daddy can so you should go to him. Dad can even offer once to help her with whatever she is needing. Then if she throws her tantrum just ignore her. My DD is pretty strong willed so actually flat out ignoring doesn't always works- sometimes she just gets so worked up it frazzles my nerves. Often I will calmly remind her every minute or so that I am busy but Daddy can help her, that she can choose to get what she wants from Daddy, that I know she wants X thing a lot but Mommy can't do it and Daddy can, etc. But I don't give in, I stay calm, keep pre-occupied with what I am doing, and usually she comes around and will take the option given to her- like going to ask Daddy. I think you just have to help her get the point that when you say you can't help she needs to accept that. If she wants something she'll realize what she needs to let Daddy help or not get it. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• it could just be a faz and not to sure is she around you more then her dad through the day??? cause that could be the reason too.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It could just be a phase. I was recently in the hospital with my youngest daughter and from the time I came home I cant get my dd to do anything with out me. Give it some time and just be patience.
    ponie182

Answer by ponie182 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• First thing I would do is put a stop to those tantrums. And not by giving in to her and doing it her way. If you are busy, tell her to ask her dad. When she starts to scream, put her in her room and tell her she can come out when she is done. DON'T GIVE IN, AND DON'T STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING! When she stops screaming, she will, and comes out and asks you again to do something for her, you repeat the above, for as many times as it takes! This way she will learn that you mean what you say, and that screaming doesn't get her squat! And when you get tired of hearing the screaming, just imagine being in a crowded store with her when she starts her shit! Because that will be her next move. So tell her now that you won't tolerate it. Period.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think a three year old is old enough to be removed from the general vicinity of everyone else while she is having her little tantrum. She has the option of coming out whenever-she just has to quit screaming and throwing the fit. Her choice. It's not like she's being locked in there for pete's sake!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• She's just a momma's girl. Do you let her and dh have daddy daughter time?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2010