Help behavor issues

Ok heres the problem . My 8 year old daughter is acting out or at least i think . i have taken her to the dr he says thers nothin phyical wrong with her . but she is defacating in her panties and will not stop . And is constantly moody and crying and shuting her self in the bedroom and staying away from everyone . We have talked about everytrhing i can think of the might be wrong or might have happend. and nothing she says she is jelious of the new baby that's on the way . but if any body elses has experanced anything like this please help me all i want is my little girl back .

Harley1mb

Asked by Harley1mb at 8:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Has she recently had a bout with constipation? If so, it could be that she has temporarily lost feeling in her rectum, causing her to have accidents. Check out this site, it helped a friend of mine: http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/welcome/conditions/encopresis.html
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 9:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You might want to talk to her about the new baby. if she really thinks things are going to change when the baby comes then she might just be having issues with that. I am not sure she just may feel like she is going to lose you when the baby comes and this is a way for her to get attention.

If nothing changes then you could try taking her to a therapist. I know my middle child was very moody and cried a lot. He needed a way to deal with his feelings and I was not helping. He went for about 6 months and he is so much better.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I've heard that it's not uncommon for some kids to regress a bit when there's a new baby or one on the way. They can become insecure about their place in the family. Maybe make an extra effort to do some special things with her so that she knows that even though mama is busy with a new baby she will still be loved. Also I wonder if involving her more with the preparations would be helpful. Let her help you set things up for the new baby, shop with her and let her pick out a few things for the baby, and a special stuffed toy that she can give to the baby.Maybe buy her a new baby doll with all the gear, bottles, diapers, clothes, etc. If it continues after a while maybe have her see a therapist to help her deal with her feelings of insecurity.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If she is only doing it at home....then it is probably baby related. If she is doing it at school, then it could be more of a physical condition. My daughter is 7 and still wets herself every day. She has the occasional accident. While her situation started as a "new baby coming" syndrome....she turned it into a phyical condition. She retrained her brain in such a way that she was unable to be aware of the signs of needing to use the bathroom. Constipation needs to be watched. We give her mineral oil every night before bed. Be sure to praise her when she does use the bathroom. What kid wants to have a mess in their pants??.....the one who wants the negative attention. Only they don't think of it as negative, only attention. Make her clean her own pants in the sink. And set a goal for so many days that she can go without a mess. Then reward. Good luck. I know that it is frustrating.
    pinkjeannie311

Answer by pinkjeannie311 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Thank u all for your suggestions im willing to try anything . i will keep u all updated and again thank u so verry much
    Harley1mb

Answer by Harley1mb at 10:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2008