Anyone has that?

I know pregnant women have 50% more body fluids including blood. But i bleed so easaly latly,from every little scratch and even when I sneeze my nose bleeds... Is it normal?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 8:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you may be lacking iron.
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Eat more vitamin K. It will help w/ clotting issues. I took a supplement that tasted like the smell of rabbit food. ugh. But it prevented postpartum hemorrhage for me, in my homebirth! (I'd had a history of such). So either supplements or food containing, like "Leafy green vegetables (kale, collards, spinach, turnip greens, beet greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens green leaf lettuce), Brussels sprouts, broccoli, green onions, parsley, asparagus and sauerkraut".
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 8:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think we do bleed easier while pregnant because, like you said, we have a loooot more blood swishing around inside us for our babies. My gums bleed like crazy nowadays (I'm 33 weeks), but the doctor said it was just a normal side-effect of pregnancy. I brush and floss everyday but nothing except delivery will help >:(

If it gets really bad you could talk to your doctor. Like the previous posters said, you might be lacking in a vitamin or something.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2008