Cleanlyness is next to Godlyness ??

I am the worst at keeping my house clean as I have ever been. If this statement is true dose this mean my life has gone off course? I would like to be the tiddy mommy that I see my family friends have..

mamagator

Asked by mamagator at 9:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• that's just a 'saying'..it isn't a direct quote (or indirect) of the xtian Bible. (not that you labeled it as such..just sayin'..)
    perhaps you do need order in your life, though. only you can answer that.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• That is just a saying. It is found no where in the Bible. A person's ability to keep a clean house has nothing to do with how spiritual they are.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my husband say's: A house that's a mess, Causes stress!!! I find this very true!.. ( Laziness is in the KJV Bible Proverbs... )But everyone is guilty of this....lol * Motivation is key here.* I think you have to make yourself a set time to clean, then stick with it.** Mine time is after breakfast. And before our family goes to bed. We've made it a family chore, fun kinda like a game the kids help!
    LuLuMama_4Jesus

Answer by LuLuMama_4Jesus at 5:49 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• A messy, cluttered home means a messy, cluttered mind IMO.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree with IhartU. Is there something going on that may be "blocking" cleaning? I have been going through this for awhile. I thought it was just a deattachment (is that a word?) from the house. I think it may be part of it but I now realize it's something else. As for the phrase, it's just a phrase and you don't need to worry about your salvation by the state of your house :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 9:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think that this quote is talking about your inner "house", your soul. I can relate. My house is VERY cluttered. After 42 years of marriage, we have accumulated a lot of stuff. It isn't the house that matters, though the puritans who coined the phrase probably related a tidy house to a clean soul in the literal sense. But this is the 21st century and we ought to know that there is no link. You should keep your life clean. But, as Sir George of Carlin says, a house is basically a place to store all your stuff. And to keep you dry when it rains!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• That statement arose to convince people to bathe on a regular basis. In the dark ages, it was frowned upon to bathe because it moved people away from Roman practices that included regular bathing. However, it was discovered that bathing reduced disease, so this saying started to crop up, and people started to bathe again.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Its not found in the bible,it just a phrase.Me I love a clean house,I feel good when my house looks good.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It's just a saying but a mess does cause stress. I'm not that great at keeping house either. I'm trying to make myself a schedule for house cleaning. Like the kitchen on Monday, bathroom Tues, laundry... I haven't got it down yet cause I have to take care of my mil and baby, then there is cafemom. lol It's really bad. I'm so addicted.
    mommywho28

Answer by mommywho28 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2010