Do you have a friend who thinks they are better than you?

I have this friend who I dont care what I do she tries to make it sound like she is better. Vacations- if we are going somwhere they are going somewhere better.
Even though both of our kids were born with medical problems I need to worry less about my son because he cant die form his like her daughter can. All I hear is how her kids behave better than mine and dont I wish I had girls not boys. It is Ok for her daughter to tell my son he is uglier than a dogs butt and shove him but when he says he hates her he needs to be punished. And I alway hear crap about how my son is in title one reading and she just cant believe her daughter is younger than he is ( by less than a year) And is reading at a 4th grade level.So anyway thats not all but I typed out a whole vent and it was too long I couldnt post it. So does anyone else have a friend like this and how do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• I had a friend like this, until I got tired of hanging out with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• She isn't really your friend. I would back away from her. You don't have to say anything..just sort ofg let it die on it's own. Surround yourself with people who care about you, who will laugh with you and cry with you...not trample all over you. Good luck>
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have a friend like this!! I have kids and she doesnt so we dont compete on that level but......She was heavy and un popular in high school and I was just the opposit back then and then after we graduated she went to texas for almost a year and did crack to loose it and came back somewhat attractive, anyway we lived together at collage and she turned into a major whore BIG TIME it was horrible.... anyway I got pregnant and married shortley after that and her and her family thinks that Im a horrible fuck up cause I had a kid and got married and then got a divorce and now have kids with with my SO the only two guys iv ever been with and somehow im the bad one cause they dont know about her "drugs and whoring around" but i guess im the bigger person for letting them think that!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes, I have a friend like that, in fact she's my neighbor. Her son and our 3 are pretty close in age (ours are 6,9 &10 and her ds is 9). PERFET EXAMPLE. Her son & our 3 play soccer for the same league. My son is on the middle team (9-12) and her ds and my dd's are on the little (5-8) team. Well @ their playoffs saturday, my son made a goal and I was bragging to her about it. Then she says, my (her) ds has made more than 1. And I try not to stoop down to her level, but would I really be wrong if I reminded her that during those same playoffs saturday, her ds let two goals get in and didn't score a goal either game and (at the risk of sounding petty), let's not talk about how last year, when our sons were both on little teams (but different colors), my son scored 4 goals that put them in (I think) 3rd place and that her ds was the goalie for @ least two of them.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think we've all had people in our lives like that. Find new friends that are there to just have a good time with, to be able to laugh, cry or just talk about the color of the sky..... whatever is on your mind at that moment. True friends are so hard to come by, so don't bog yourself down with the fake ones.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes I have. I deal with it by reminding myself that she is shallow and attention-seeking. I no longer associate with her.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:13 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Been there done that. Just lose the chick. Too ,uch competive drama. How is she going to keep busy when her kids get older? What a typical attention whore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes, but it's my SIL. I wish I could lose her but we live in the same small town and the rest of the family. She is starved for attention that's for sure. I feel sorry for her most of the time but she gets on my nerves with the competition b.s. There's clearly something wrong with her oldest daughter so maybe that's why she's always shoving her down everyone's throat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2008