Am I too picky?

I was told by my friend that she wouldnt buy me a baby shower gift because I am too picky. She is offended by the fact that I only use pampers, huggies or luvs on my baby. She also gets mad because I wont buy my older kids shoes and clothes from Walmart. I dont think they last as long as the clothes fron Target. Kohls or once upon a child, and they arent any more expensive. I told her I will buy the babies clothes ffrom Walmart, She wont wear them out like older boys, and she said oh well I wouldnt like what she bought anyway. But as soon as she walked in and looked at my diaper bag she said well that ugly. I dont think I am being too picky, I have bought the baby a ton of stuff at yard sales. Do you?

tdawn_21

Asked by tdawn_21 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 4 (-22 Credits)
  • No. it sounds like she may be jealous. No one acts like that unless they are. Maybe thats all she can afford and gets offended because you have more options. Id let it go and do what YOU want to do. Its up to you; not her. Just ignore her. She most likely gets a rise out of your frustration. And NO, your NOT picky! I only bought baby clothes at walmart and now I only shop at Kohls and Childrens Place. They have better sales and the clothes fit my daughter better now that she's older.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think your friend is jealous! IF you can afford the buy the nicer things for your children then by all means DO IT!!! Don't let your friend tell you what to buy and not buy your children.. They are your kids. IF its makes you too picky SOO WHAT??? JMO...
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 8:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If she refuses to buy you a gift that you is your taste then tell her not to worry about a gift. She prob needs the money more than you do! GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• And when it comes to diapers, i too prefer Pampers over store brands. I would LOVE to save the money but the diapers IMO aren't as efficient. So I realized that by saving a few dollars I was actually spending more money washing extra clothes because the diapers leaked!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I don't think that sounds picky at all. Now if you ONLY wanted Pamper's and wouldn't take any other brand then yes. I don't like to buy clothes at wal-mart either unless they are little sleepers for babies. My daughter is 4 and everything I bought from wal-mart for school clothes have all shrunk or just don't fit right anymore. I prefer Target and Kohls as well. Im not really sure what her problem is. I had a friend that would tell me that things I bought were ugly too and it made me mad to the point that I brought it up to her and she got all defensive and wouldn't talk to me for a few months. I guess you should just tell her that it is her choice but if she does get something you will love it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• u should be great-full that she is buying u something. a gift is a gift. u dont always have to like what it is but take it and shut up! i wouldnt buy u a damn thing
    Anonymous

• I had a friend who used to get mad at me because I make sure my kids are cute and matching. She used to put her kids in ugly worn out clothes that didn't match and it would drive me nuts. We were both single mom's and we didn't have a lot of money but still take pride in how you and your kids look.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• and dont say they arent more then wal mart bc they r target is and always will be more then wal mart. even though a lot of the time u can find THE SAME DAMN THING and the quality is the same. who in their right mind would spend 12$ on a pair of pants or a shirt for a kid?

I buy my kids clothes at Target and I just got 2 pair of Jeans there for $7 each. At wal-mart I couldn't find a pair for less than $10. I also bought a bunch of shirts for $3.50 each that are really cute and will last a good 6 months longer than Wal-mart shirts. I think you should get your head out of your ass and stop being a fukkin Wal-mart Nazzi.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• "u should be great-full that she is buying u something. a gift is a gift. u dont always have to like what it is but take it and shut up! i wouldnt buy u a damn thing "
    I said I would like it thank you! I had a friend buy me a whole bag full of yard sale clothes and that was fine with me! I ahve clothes that I hated and I took them and said I love them! I am not cruel and hateful.
    tdawn_21

Answer by tdawn_21 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Goodness you people are harsh! The poster never said anything bad, she is just trying to figure out why her friend is acting that way.
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2008