How to tell your family your pregnant?

Im 18 years old, have a father who will be very dissapointed, but a sister who had a baby at age 17. Im looking for advice on telling my family Im pregnant!

minirip

Asked by minirip at 9:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my sister is 18 and she is pregnant. She told everyone one at a time mom then dad with mom in the room.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was 18 or 19 when I got pregnant. I had just gotten married but was scared as to what my mom and dad would think. I told my mom I had a present for her (I was going to give her my pregnancy test that I had in a sandwich bag in my purse) I started crying a little and she just said, "You're pregnant, aren't you." lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'm pregnant, can you pass the peas?

Just kidding. I have no real advice since I was 29 when I got pregnant, but I hope it all goes very smoothly.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• How to tell your family you're pregnant....I don't know. Good luck.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Do what I did, call up your mom and say 'guess what, you're going to be a grandma'. Then once mom is on your side, ask her how to go about telling dad.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well, I've never been in your shoes, but what if you were to say something like, "Dad, I want to tell you something, and I want you to just listen until I'm finished.... I'm pregnant. I didn't plan it this way, and I never wanted to disappoint you, but now I'm going to be a mother, and there's going to be a baby in our life, and a new grandbaby in your family and I want to make the absolute best of it! I know it's not what you wanted for me, but it is the way it is, and I really need your love and support right now...."
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• you are 18 years old you need to tell your dad and assure him you will provide for and love this baby
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• try finding he when he is the most relaxed! with mom there and be ready with answers to ANYTHING that they may ask.things that are common are... how are you going to provide for the child. what are your plans? who is the father(that is when you strap dad to his chair)... docters... get on medicaid if you can.
    tristanjsmom

Answer by tristanjsmom at 3:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Thanks everyone for your advice! Didn't go as bad as I thought telling my dad. Once again, Thanks!!!
    minirip

Comment by minirip (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2010