how do u really know that u are getting married to the right guy.

i was in a 5yr Relationships and it didnt work and now i am with a new guy and he wants to get married but dont want it to go bad.

kornfan87

Asked by kornfan87 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Guess you don't know till your either in divorce court or your death bed.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• A true test is if your sick and he is there by your side holding your hand and doing what he can to help you.
    melimommy2three

Answer by melimommy2three at 10:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• ok
    kornfan87

Comment by kornfan87 (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• If your feel it in your heart go with it and don't think about anything other then enjoying life with him and be commeted as a partner. Best of luck to you whatever you decide..
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 10:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• we have been throught alot when my bro was in a car crash he was there for me.i know i love him.i just know alot of people that are going to through divorce.
    kornfan87

Comment by kornfan87 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Think with your brain as well as your heart. I was very drawn to my husband-to-be, but we didn't decide to get married until we had discussed important matters such as money, extended family, children and child-rearing, goals in life, and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 10:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't know how to explain it other than I just know he is the right man for me.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i though he is but now that he hurt me i dont know.
    kornfan87

Comment by kornfan87 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have four thoughts on this:
    1. It's not just about how nice he is, because a lot of guys are really charming before they get hitched. What's most important is his willingness to learn and grow! Because that is a vital part of marriage!
    2. Look at him and ask yourself, if things did start to sour, is this a man I would fight for, or walk away from? If you know you'd fight for him, and work hard to have a happy marriage, he's the one. Because trust me, marriage takes work, and all the fluttery lovey feelings you have now are no indicator of whether or not you'll get through.
    3. Do you laugh at the same things? Humor isn't just something fun, I have read that it is a real indicator of how well people are matched and how their marriage will be, if they can laugh together.
    4. Does he listen to you and allow himself to be influenced by you? VERY IMPORTANT!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• And one more:
    I believe in God, and I do think that makes a difference in marriage. I was scared to get married, but I felt in my heart that this was a gift from God and I had no outside indicators that I should not marry the man I loved. You can never be 100% sure everythings going to be alright, but like I did, i just took the step in faith, knowing I had done the right things, and said, "I do."
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010