Anyone like to bow hunt?

I've been meaning to go one year. Is it harder than using a gun?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I don't know. I was a pretty good shot in HS, but I've never hunted with either gun or bow.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Very much harder. It takes quite a bit of strength. And a different aim. I have seen many ladies not be able to do it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• bow hunting/shooting is one of my husband's hobbies...
    he's had his about a year or so...and he loves it. he hasn't mentioned it being any harder though...I think bow-hunting takes more patience...since the game has to be in a much closer range of shot...
    but other than that...haven't really heard of it being any harder. he loves it.
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 10:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes it is harder, but much more rewarding. You need significant upper body strength, patience, and be very quiet. You really learn to be one with nature and become part of it. You have to be very aware of odors, clothing textures, and wind direction. You need to evaluate and observe the landscaping so you know the direction of the travel of deer. You need to practice and have a steady hand. It is such a wonderful experience, yet a skill you need to perfect so you don't just hurt the animal when you shoot.
    Anonymous

• Shooting the bow is different, and hunting with it is different. You need a lot more practice on a bow, not just only to perfect your aim, but so you can pull the weight bow needed to bring down an animal. There's a lot more you need to do to correctly shoot a bow. That's just the difference between a rifle and bow. You also have to be able to either get closer to the animal, or bring them closer to you. I shoot bow a lot, but have yet to get anything hunting. I'm not good at getting one in my sights that way, lol.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My hubby loves it
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010