Have you ever hit a deer with your car?

I hate this season out here. I hit a deer one year and it totalled out my car! Had meat for three months lol. But every year now I'm super paranoid when I drive.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Rats with hooves. That's what Louis CK calls them anyway.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It has gotten to the point that the last time I hit a deer, I called my DH and told him and we just laughed about it. There is not much you can do about it if you live in a high deer populated area. I think that with one van I had hit 3 different deer (different times). One time a deer literally jumped over a guard rail into my van ($4000 damage on that one).
    DH worked with someone who would just call the insurance man once a year to have the damage from deer hits taken care of.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yes, it ran across teh interstate and did not see my car because of the lights of the trucks in the lanes next to me. IT was scary.I cried all the way home
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We have hit 5 deer so far.f I actually hit two at one time once. It isn't a fun experience and it is very expensive to fix. But out here in the open country, we see it alot.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Land Carp! HAHAHA I have to tell that one to my husband..Seriously though, I am always scared to death one is going to run in front of my car at night and I am going to hit it and get hurt. Not the deer getting hurt, but me or my family.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• noo i haven't but a few months ago i hit a damn coyote... it cracked my bumper and there is STILL fur stuck in the crack.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Thankfully No, but I have come very close a few times!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I know, my car had fur stuck in it too.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My mother just hit a dear 2 days ago. Her mirror on the passenger side broke off. Hitting a dear is like hitting body, it's so scary/
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It's crazy! The one I hit ran across the road, into the ditch, she was completly off the road out of site and she shot right back out in front of my car. Hit her in mid air!!! 150lb doe! My whole passenger sidewas smashed and the baby slept through all of it.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2010