Families that hunt....did you get a deer this weekend?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, grrr. We were supposed to go over to my parents to go hunting this weekend, but the base threw a big exercise and my hubby couldn't leave town, and it just totally messed up our plans! That's the military fer ya. Hopefully hubby can find sometime to go again and get us some meat!!
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My dad shot a doe last weekend, then lost it. Someone else will probably find it and keep it though. Rifle season doesn't start till the 15th in Upper Michigan.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• rifle season doesn't open here until in the morning... :)
    but hubby has been bow hunting the past month or so...but wasn't lucky enough :(

hoping he gets a big one this year!!
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 10:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• LOL.. I didn't think this weekend happened yet :) Did I miss it.. But no, nothing last weekend, he is planning on going tomorrow..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Terrible hunting here in the NW... Not sure where all the animals are!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well if they didn't find it in time to gut it ASAP it's shot, at least for the meat.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• what ticks me off is my husbands nephew put a stand right in front of dh's stand but a few hundred feet away...thing is the nephew gets first aim this way and dh gets no chance because of the way the trail leads...so the first hour of opener the nephew shot a buck...and dh if afraid that the nephew will be in his stand again tomorrow ready to get the next one.. hard to explain really but the little prick has his stand where he knows he will get first aim...but dh is a nice guy and doesn't complain to others except me, but hopefully he shoots something our deep freeze is about empty
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:07 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't hunt.. so BUMP!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2010