My husband is a light smoker. He would smoke more if there was room in our budget. He received a couple sample packs in the mail today. Should I give them to him or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• The way I see it is even if you DONT give them to him he will still spend money on them anyway.. i'd rather give him the FREE packs rather than toss them out and then he goes to the store and spends money on some
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• This may sound bad but yes. If you don't give him those he will go pay for more.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yeah I would, it would be dishonest if you didn't too. And why spend the money anyway
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Do you have children and does he smoke around them? If he does, then absolutely no. I'd throw them in the trash. Do you have money in your budget for cancer treatment? If he smokes, you can expect that expense added to your budget at some point. Start saving now.
    Anonymous

• Just give them to him. Cigs out here cost about 5-6 bucks a pack, so you could be saving some moolah.
    If you want him to stop, you need to talk to him about it. Hiding free packs wont do any good.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• He keeps it outside. I really don't like the fact that he smokes. I try to understand because I know it's a serious addiction that's hard to kick. He stopped cold turkey right before our wedding and kept it up for 5 months, I was so proud. But he has started back. I feel if I give him the cigs, it would be enabling him. He hates the fact that he smokes too. He wants us to invest in the patches or some other stop smoking aid. For all I know, he may even not keep the cigs if/when I give them to him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well then giving them to him would be a good test to see how bad he wants to quit... good luck :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• id give them to him.. its the perfect opportunity to bring it up how you wish he would stop without sounding like youre nagging or anything.. since you are handing him his free samples! hiding them isnt going to do anything.. hes not going to stop because you hid them! good luck
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 10:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Turns out it wasn't cigs after all. It was a couple of ashtrays. The soft packing made it feel like cigs. I thought they were too because the package said "for smoking age adults." Apparently he took an online survey about cigs and the ashtrays were rewards.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2010