how do you get pain to go away when someone hurts you.

kornfan87

Asked by kornfan87 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• It might not be healthy.. but I just get pissed off at them.. think about what they did to hurt you.. and get MAD about it. not depressed, MAD. When my ex left, and I would feel like I was starting to miss him, I'd think about how he left us, the things he said to me, the idea that he walked out on three kids.. and I'D GET PISSED OFF. eventually i got to where i just couldn't give a shit about him anymore.. now i'm indifferent to him completely. he's trying to come back to me and i really don't care.. he could fall off the face of the planet and it wouldn't ruin my day.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• If only there were an easy answer... :(. I don't think you should run away from pain, because you're going to feel it anyway, and it's going to hurt you longer if you pretend it's not there. Take some time to think about it, to understand just why it hurts you, what that person means/meant to you, and what other factors in your life or in your past affect how you feel. Get a journal and write about your thoughts. If you need to be angry, be angry, but try to understand the anger and deal with it. Healthy anger resolves and doesn't simmer forever. You can learn a lot about yourself and other through these unfortunate situation, and you can come through them a wiser, more understanding person. Hang in there! (hugs!)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Thanks Adelicious
    kornfan87

Comment by kornfan87 (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• At times the pain has to run its course and not much you can do but to stick it out. It does make you stronger for it.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yea i am just going to go through it.if it take me long then it does i dont want to get hurt again.
    kornfan87

Comment by kornfan87 (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Make a voodoo doll and stick some pins in it! Hahaha. Joking of course. I usually write them a letter expressing my feelings no matter how strong, then I burn it. It makes me feel better to write stuff out, and then destroy it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• its hard but inorder to move on you have to let it go.... dnt now the situation but i know in my case i kept reliving it and couldnt let go and it was making me miserable. i automatically put my guard back up bc i was scared to get hurt again. i went to counseling and saw changes and am slowly able to forget but every now and again i think about it but i let it go and think of something else that makes me happy like my little girl!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Only time and acceptance of what they did can begin to heal you.
    You need to do something to get your mind off of whatever it is... it might be hard to think about that right now, but once yu start doing something new for YOU, it helps.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sincerely forgive them and move on from it.
    KaisMother

Answer by KaisMother at 11:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I agree with the previous answer. Confront the issue, deal with it, forgive, and move on. If it's something/someone you really cannot deal with alone, see a professional for help. Harboring hurt or bad feelings only eats away at your sanity and happiness. Good luck!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:11 AM on Nov. 13, 2010